Monday, June 16, 2008

Ribbons and Stars

Here is another "golden oldie". Inside the stars, I have cut out fabric roses and broderie persed around them. The ribbon design on the border was in a book on borders and it was one of those I just had to do. Thinking back - I probably designed the quilt, so I could use the ribbons on the borders - we quilters do funny things, don't we? I have hand quilted it and now Mum sits in her chair and snuggles up under it.

Yesterday was spent cleaning everything I could lay my hands on - David, my twin son, did the carpets for me and they are nicely refreshed. Now I can spend my time on all things quilty without feeling guilty. First thing today, I am back to my Dolly Swap Quilt and then this afternoon Julia and I are off to investigate a long arm quilter a friend of mine has.

Have a good week everyone!

3 Lovely People said ...:

Kristie said...

Another beautiful quilt! You could put on your own quilt show!! You do such a lovely job! I just love the ribbon border. It is so pretty.
Kristie

Ribbonwiz said...

This is so pretty!
The colours are so soft and gorgeous, I love this one too!
Hugs Julia

Carol said...

You quilt is just so sweet! I love the ribbons, that just puts on the finishing touch. :D