Thursday, July 24, 2008

Babette Blanket!

Yesterday, the girls and I went out to play - had a lovely day sewing/crocheting/knitting day at Karen's place. On the way, Julia , Jan and I stopped in at Yarns Galore and I set myself up to start my Babette Blanket.

If you look hard you can see one little 4-round square I crocheted last night - I think this project will be very relaxing and a lot of fun to do. This blanket is inspired by the work of designers Kaffe Fassett and Liza Prior Lucy. The modules are based on the same motif pattern and vary only in the number of rounds work. I downloaded the pattern from the internet at the cost of US$6

I always vowed and declared I would return to crocheting when I was "an old lady" - like I meant 80 years old! I'm a long way off that - but there is such exciting patterns and designs around these days. There are absolutely beautiful yarns out there and oh, the colours.

Christmas in July is being celebrated at my local patchwork group today, I will be taking my blanket along and crocheting instead of eating.

'Bye for now -

7 Lovely People said ...:

Julia said...

Beautiful Lurline!
The beginning of a gorgeous blanket.
Love the colours of your wool!
Hugs Julia

Jan said...

I think you need to eat as well as crochet otherwise I will never be able to get that jacket. Cheers Lurline, the blanket will be great I will be looking forward to lots of photos.
Cheers Jan

Donna said...

What a haul of gorgeous yarn. I think playing with yarn is almost as fun as playing with fabric. Isn't it amazing how many projects we can have going on at once. My husband is always saying, "Now what are you working on?".

Sweet P said...

The yarn looks so yummy! I gave up crocheting for quilting. That pattern is gorgeous. If you hadn't said it was crochet I would have thought it was a fabric quilt. Have fun making it.

Myra said...

Awesome pattern Lurline! Did you happen for finish your scarf? Don't recall seeing it?
We are celebrating Christmas in July with a pot-luck next week Wednesday at our stitch group also!
Enjoy and happy stitchings!

Candace said...

The colors of your yarns together, are almost too pretty to use. But then when you go to the next picture and see the beautiful blanket, it is so worth it.

Helz said...

How absolutely gorgeous are those yarns & that pattern Lurline... & I don't even know how to crochet LOL... maybe it's time to learn !