Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This and That!

Today I am having a quiet one at home - I hope! My mother, who lives with us and who turns 90 in October seems to be slipping a bit and I really should spend more time with her, so I will have a happy day doing that.

Above are the last lot of CWLL blocks I have done - seem to be having a few restarts these days. I felt the lights were standing out too much in the last lot, so I have used different scrappy lights and it seems to have broken it up a bit, so I am happier with this lot.

Am thinking, maybe I will get in and do at least one more complicated block today - we'll see!

This is Restart 3 on Babette Blanket and I am really happy with the track I am on this time, using the lovely Biggan merino wool - just beautiful. I made a lot of progress on it yesterday and hopefully will have a lot more progress to show, maybe tomorrow.


Yesterday we had a great day at Julia's - supposedly a quilters' group - all but one, Gwen, knitted or crocheted. We had great discussions on what hooks and yarns we are using or should be using, so funny being a quilting group. Must be the cold weather getting to us all.

Julia prepared a beautiful lunch for us, with a choice of lasagne or canneloni and lovely salads. Of course we had our usual lot of delights for morning tea and I took along the Orange Hazelnut Gateau for sweets after lunch. Peggy, from our Thursday group had given me the recipe and I'm pleased with it - something different, with a touch of Cointreau.

A tinge of sadness - Jan and Bill, our Gallivantourists, drive out next Monday, so we will miss our dear Jan at our gatherings - they are setting off on their big journey - 3 years! However, they will briefly return at Christmas, so we can't be too sad.

See my sidebar - I am in Chookyblue's Santa Swap 2008 - am pleased about that - should be a lot of fun.

A lot of talk today, so must away, Mum is out of bed and having her coffee now, so I will go and have a little chat.

'Bye!

4 Lovely People said ...:

Kristie said...

I sure hope your dear mother starts doing better. My husbands grandmother is 88 and she has her good days and bad days.

I love your new blocks! They are beautiful! How many do you have made?
Kristie

Julia said...

I do love these new blocks much more Lurline,your babette blanket block is gorgeous, I might be tempted to do one later on..
Thank you for the yummy Orange Hazelnut Gateau that you made us for dessert, I forgot to take a photo of it, so I'm glad you did.
All in all it was a great day..
Hugs Julia

Chookyblue...... said...

the gateau looks great.........welcome to the SSCS....have fun.......

Bernadette said...

Your civil war blocks are looking gorgeous Lurline! I have already set aside some of my swap fabrics for Dear Jane blocks.