Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tuesday - Lollipops and Quilts Galore!

What a wonderful day we had at Teena's sewing day with our Creative Friends group. Let's start with these gorgeous lollipops made by Pat - she is so clever with her creativity. Food and quilts!
Julia made a little piggy of herself - I saw her eating scones and powder puffs, too. Dianne looks on innocently, but she was encouraging her!

A lovely quilt made by Prue - I missed out on the story behind this.

Kris has made this quilt for a raffle for the school where her daughter, Brooke, teaches.

Louise's creation - a gorgeous baby quilt - we all love pinwheels, certainly my favourite! This is just gorgeous in the pastels and has a tiny striped framing border, which isn't showing up too well in this photo - very dainty!

Another unique creation of Pat's - this girl never ceases to amaze us - she is always coming up with the extraordinary. Have I told you that Kaffe Fassett has bought one of her quilts? Oh, 'tis wonderful mixing with the rich and famous! A close-up below.
What would we do without our wonderful friends - they certainly are little rays of sunshine in my life, though I must admit I am very blessed and there is so much sunshine around.

Thanks to my Blogland visitors of late - life has been a bit higgeldy-piggeldy for me still and I've been really strapped for time. However, all is going well. I'm getting a little sewing done, but not much. Must get on with my Stitcher's Angel committment then onto a project inpired by Kathie Holland that I will write about soon.

'Bye, 'bye!

5 Lovely People said ...:

MYRA said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful time together, and such talent there!!! Absolutely grand!!!
Happy stitchings!

the Campfollower said...

Hi Lurline,
I am having quilte the adventure trying to track down your parcel. They tried to deliver it Tuesday, and since then it has been "misplaced" I am going back to the post office this afternoon to talk with a man who "is good at remembering things" maybe he will be the key to this doll quilt mystery!

I will let you know as soon as I have it safely in my arms!

Cheers!
Tia Curtis

Christine said...

Great to see you had a good day out. I have a new toy in my house if you check out my blog you will see.

Take care
hugs
Christine

Kristie said...

Everything is so beautiful, you are a talented bunch of ladies! I bet you all have the best time when you are together!

How is your mother doing?? I hope she is doing great.
Kristie

em's scrapbag said...

What a lovely time with friends. Pat's creation is really neat and unique. All the ladies are very talented.