Friday, October 24, 2008

Quilts & Chit-Chat!

See us below (minus Diane, the Photographer)! We had a great day at Pat's place on Tuesday ... divine location high on a hill overlooking Coogee Beach in Western Australia. There were seven of us and sometimes that is a lovely number to be able to chat and interact with everyone there!

I have talked about Pat before, but haven't shown you this wonderful little quilt of hers (above) ... so creative, whimsical and unusual with the knitted edging. Several of her quilts are on display at Calico and Ivy, one of our local quilt shops. Also, Kaffe Fassett has bought one of her quilts, so what a claim to fame!

The tablecloth is made from Pat's husband's business shirts ... Bonnie Hunter would be impressed!

And, here's the girl herself ... a great quilter, great cook and has the hugest stash in the world! Julia of Julia's Place (by the way she is sitting next to me and won't often show her face!) and I nearly had a knipschen when we went from room to room viewing it all ... I went out yesterday and bought a few metres of fabric and felt no guilt whatsoever, and I intend to do a little shop-hop next week of two new shops in Perth ... my paltry, little stash needs a boost!
Do pop over to dear friend, Christine's blog - Once Upon a Quilt ... she has a link to Queensland Quilt Show and has won Retaining the Tradition with her gorgeous 1930's quilt , you will see the photo ... she has my congratulations, love and best wishes!
Have a great weekend everyone ... hopefully I will get some stitching done!

8 Lovely People said ...:

MYRA said...

Sounds like a wonderful time Lurline... I know a lady here that could possibly pass for Pat's sister...if not twin even... They say everyone has a look alike somewhere in the world.. 8-)

Bernadette said...

what a gorgeous quilt, you are all so creative! I saw your lovely quilt in DUQ and it looked so fresh and pretty, I just loved the touch of black and white in it.

Julia said...

What a great day we had yesterday!
Great company , food and friendship
I will remember our times together for a long time.
Pat is such a sweetie...
Hugs

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What a sweet group of women sitting at a table with a wonderful quilt! It is so fun to get together isn't it.

em's scrapbag said...

The quilt is lovely. What a wonderful group of ladies. So glad you were able to enjoy your day together.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hi Lurline...wow you blog is just lovely..thanks so much for dropping by..sounds like you all had a great day must pop over now and visit your friend Julia....

On my Verandah.. said...

Just catching up on your blog from being away....looks like you have been having a nice few days stitching & catching up with friends....Your Angel gift if Lovely know wonder you are thrilled.
cheers
maree

Christine said...

Hi Lurline

Looooove the quilt, please pass it on to your friend and maybe I need to spend my win on growing my little stash???

cheers
Christine