Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Princess and My Prince!

Oh, what a funfilled day - just too much excitement! If you'd like to pop over to see Julia's post as of today, you will see we Girlfriends! had a glorious day, gathering for our Christmas Swap at Matilda Bay on the bank of the beautiful Swan River, for which Perth is so famous! It was really beautiful weather, sunshine and breezes!

Upon arriving home, in came the family - it was my 13-year old twin grandchildren's Graduation Ball - leaving Primary School and into Secondary School! This make me feel so proud of these beautiful, fine children - also a little tinge of sadness as they are growing up so quickly. They had their school ceremony in the morning and I have seen videos of their speeches - they are both so poised for such young people - hard to call them children now. Ayesha received a wonderful book award this week - I will later tell you what the comments are. Oh, I hope they both carry on in the manner they are doing - the world is their oyster!

Each year we donate cushions to Ronald McDonald House for the siblings of the patients, so they can have a little something special, too. Many, many more were added after I took this pic.

Isn't this just wonderful - a little doll house cushion made by Carole - some lucky litle girl will be made happy to receive this, with her own little doll attached, too! Let's hope these cushions brighten up some little children at a sad time for them!

I have spoken before about Pat's quilts - this one is JUST a rug to sit on! Can you believe it! Pat goes so Green at times, this one is made from off-cuts of velvet, corduroy, curtain fabric and old shirts - so inviting in the dappled sunshine!

Barb organized the day for us - what a sucess, thanks, Barb! - and here's her quilt. I think a Stack and Whack - so pretty, sweet and feminine.
We did our Santa Swap - such lovely gifts - then lunch from the Tearooms - life doesn't get any better than that!
That's the last of our Girlfriends! days until after Christmas - now we can concentrate on families and hopefully spend some peaceful time sewing - would be nice!
♥ ... Hugs ... ♥

13 Lovely People said ...:

Mildred said...

What a day you have had. Lovely pictures and the doll house cushion is the cutest thing I've seen to brighten up a little girl's day. I saw more pictures on Julia's blog also. Enjoy your family time coming up.

Shari said...

It looks like you all had such a wonderful day! So glad for you... sure missed all the activity this year but will be up and going again in the new year!
Cheers
Shari

Bernadette said...

You have the best days out Lurline! Your royal family look just gorgeous.
hugs
B

Christine said...

Dear Lurline

Thanks for sharing, their parents must be so proud of them, just beautiful.

hugs
Christine

Julia said...

Oh, the twins look gorgeous!
Beautiful young people, they grow up so quickly, enjoy every minute that you can with them..
Hugs Julia

clare said...

What a lovely pair .
Clare's CRAFTROOM

Stephanie said...

Beautiful twins! I love hearing about charities. That dollhouse cushion going to be loved a lot!

Kris said...

Wow! So many great things in this post. Your grandchildren are lovely!

em's scrapbag said...

What a delightful day. The twins are lovely. Congrats to them.

Robyn said...

Hi Lurline! :o)
Your grandkids are 'beautiful'...hope they had a wonderful time...they looked so gorgeous!
All the quilts and pillows are lovely too...so neat for the kids who recieve them :o)

I wanted to say thanks for joining in my giveaway! Good luck and thanks for playing :o)
Also thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog and I'm glad we'll be in touch more often.
Have a wonderful Chrissy.
hugs Robyn xx

janet said...

What a lovely day you had. I love the cushions, I haven't heard of that project before but what a great thing to do. I love the picnic quilt of Pats.

Cornfield Quilter said...

Your grandchildren are beautiful and I know you are so proud. :D

MYRA said...

Darling looking graduating twins! 8-)
Great quilt-works photos also! 8-)
Happy stitchings!