Friday, January 16, 2009

Thursday, 15 January 2009 - Ben's Birthday!

Julia has honoured me with this award ... thank you Julia for thinking of me!
The meaning of this award: This blog invests and believes in Proximity - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming ... These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement!
Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.
I'm supposed to pass the award on to 8 fellow bloggers, to include the above text in their blog. So ... please visit and give more attention to these writers ...

I have very loyal Followers and treasure this, most are blogs I follow and these friends have blogs of great interest to me, so to all Followers who read and comment, please accept this award if you so wish - I can't bear to single people out
Today there hasn't been a great deal achieved around here - see below where I am trying out Julia's Christmas present to me - a Rotating Cutting Mat by Olfa. I think it should be rather good once I get to rely upon using the mat rather than turning the fabric. I have 42 x 4"squares to cut for a runner, then 60 x 3" squares for prairie points and I really don't feel like cutting at all! Here's the reason - son-in-law Ben turned 37 yesterday and he bought the girls a bottle of Moet & Chandon - beautiful champagne! Then I had a really early start today taking Mum for a hearing test and oh, the heat is dreadful! Even in the aircon I still feel hot - maybe it is this room!

Had a lovely day at local patchwork group yesterday - here's some goodies!
I Spy - by Jean!

Black and White - by Gail!

Applique and Piecing by Helen!

Knitted Dolly's Outfit by Maureen!
Thanks - Girls
I'm looking forward to tomorrow - some retail therapy and coffee with friends!
Have a great weekend - ♥... Hugs ...♥

9 Lovely People said ...:

Lindi said...

I spy lots of lovely quilts, but do I also spy Peter Alexander's? Mine are nearly worn out, I live in them so much! Best ever! lol
Nice of SIL to shout a bottle of Moet.

Patti said...

caught out once again with Peter Alexander

lynnie said...

hi lurline i reckon it's not the heat -you are having a power surge! lynnie

Julia said...

Happy Birthday Ben!
great photo..
I was hoping you'd try out the mat...you'll be fine once you get used to it..
Have a great day tomorrow,, sorry I can't come too..spoke to Lynnie today, she's a sweetie..

Hugs Julia ♥

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

Beautiful quilts, and the wine don't look so bad either. ;)

em's scrapbag said...

Cutting fabric is my least favorite part of quilting. Good luck with all of yours. Happy Birthday to Ben. Have a great weekend!

Sweet P said...

Happy birthday Ben! You look wonderful!

Maree said...

Love the piccie of You and the Champers..a Perfect Match...I have also given you the Award...
Nice Goodies from your Group...
cheers

clare said...

Lurline I thought you'd be tickled pink about my giveaway , thanks for entering .
Clares Craftroom