Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oldies, Newies and Hexies!

Mmmm, this one was done quite a while ago (like many, many, years!) and is quite large - I love it so much, I made one for Mum, too! I really do enjoy crocheting, but have other preferences these days - as I have said before - plenty of time for that 'when I am and old lady' (lol)! So many thing I do feature dollies - just seems to be my way!

The raggy quilt for Bushfire Relief is all prepared and waiting by my machine - hope to get some sewing done this morning. The softer pastels are underneath - just thought it all needed a bit of brighter contrast!
There is so much generosity going into everything quilty by so many Australian girls - it is quite amazing - so many fabrics and batting being donated and long-arm quilters offering their help. I am sure nobody in the ravaged areas will be cold this winter!

At WAQA guild sewing day yesterday, our group, Girlfriends!, all got together and made up these little flower bundles of hexagons, all basted over papers, ready to be stitched - to be sent to stitchers who have lost everything in the fires - hopefully it will be a little therapy for those girls, just to sit and stitch, lost in their own little thoughts!
A big welcome to three more Happy House Swappers, Lise, Pat and Melissa! Names and links are all listed on my sidebar - we have twenty now, so that is great - plenty of time to join up!
Happy day everyone!
PS - please pop over to visit Julia and Toni to see their Happy Houses!

9 Lovely People said ...:

Fiesta said...

Lurlin, I love the crochet hexie.
I too used to crochet and like you I have other interests.
Your donation quilt will be lovely and what a nice idea to make a portable project for the ladies to work on. You are a generous soul.

Mildred said...

What a pretty crocheted piece. Wish I had learned to crochet from Grandma.

em's scrapbag said...

Your doillie is amazing! Love the hexagons.

Jan said...

I may have to start crocheting doilies in my spare time. Our hexagons look good.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I love doilies and I love making them! Yours is just beautiful Lurline! Nice job!

MGM

Julia said...

I love that crochet piece...so delicate!
I could never do such fine work!
We achieved quite a bit at guild yesterday, I'm sure the ladies will enoy having a little something to do when they felt like it...
Hugs Julia ♥

nima said...

wow...what a pretty doilie it is...

Roseanne said...

I just love your crocheting doillie .My nan used these a lot .when she pass away. All the family members got them but i didn't get any. It is funny how you do so much for your nan and get Missed out when all the Items are given out.Well that dose not matter because a love my nana so very Much.

Robyn said...

All gorgeous!
I just love crocheting too Lurline... I wonder if you ever have enough time to fit in what you 'need' to do...*giggle*