Monday, February 23, 2009

Raggy Comfort Quilt!

A weekend of accomplishment - even with not feel too chirpy and with interruptions!

I happily snipped away last night with my Fiskars snippers and managed to get the above finished, even washed and dried! Very late night - so a little sleep-in this morning. I'm feeling happy with the quilt - very cuddly and I hope it brings a lot of comfort to some little child!

Just had to show you Peg's Happy Houses - oh, so pretty! and trimmed back as you can see! Peg comes from Happy in Quilting - oh, I guess a lot of you know that - hope she is happy with me showing off her houses!

Also, many of you would have seen Julia's Happy Houses - Julia owns Julia's Place!

It's not too late to join up to be in the swap - just click the button on my sidebar to see the tutorial - really quite easy and the girls are having a lot of fun. I am happy to receive the blocks by the end of April, and even though both Julia and Peg have trimmed theirs back to 10" - I will be happy to do that with yours! Unfortunately I have to keep it to Aussie girls only, though a couple of the OS girls do have friends here who are going to look after the postage bit for them, so that's great!

Well, I'm off to the machine to finish off my wonky Log Cabins - a bit of a story there - hope to be able to show you the quilt top soon - then lots of machine quilting to do! By the way - I planned the perfect Prison Escape and am enjoying the freedom!

Hugs♥

11 Lovely People said ...:

Yvette said...

I have always wanted to make a quilt like that. It just looks so cozy!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I agree with Yvette! It looks so cozy! But I have such a hang-up about unfinished edges...will the quilt really stay together? I just have this idea that it will all fall apart and make a real mess in the lint filter every time it is washed.

It's so happy and cheerful though! Great job!

Mildred said...

Such a sweet quilt for some little one to snuggle beneath. It truly is cozy and happy to look at. Blessings to you Lurline.

Julia said...

Hi Lurline, Come up lovely.
Someone is going to love that quilt.
It's sure to keep a little one cuddly and warm..
Julia ♥

janet said...

Oh it's great Lurline. This is a quilt that will be loved I'm sure. The houses are looking good aren't they!

Chookyblue...... said...

your shaggy quilt looks great.........and the girls have done a lovely job on there houses...........

Catherine said...

I have made a couple of those Scrappy Quilts and they are fun and very cuddly....how did your washing machine cope with the fluff...I had to have mine serviced after I "fluffed" a double bed flannel one! DH was a little terse!! lol Cathyx

Mel said...

I haven't made a rag quilt in ages, I should though, yours looks so snuggly!

I adore the houses! They are so fun to make too!

Kerri said...

Your raggy quilt looks great. You are rolling them out now. You have so many houses. They look great. I wish I had time to do some for you.

Fiesta said...

Wonderful finish on the rag quilt Lurline and the cottages are just so adorable.

MYRA said...

Your raggy quilt is wonderful, and the house blocks look great Lurline! 8-)