Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Girlie Day at Julia's!

Girlfriends met yesterday at Julia's - oh, it was a lot of fun as usual! I don't think a lot of us achieved any sewing - lots of rubbish and chit-chat! Now, I have a bit of a reputation for wearing designer clothes - well, that is designer pants that the girls call jamies - no they're not ! Here in Australia we have a fabulous company called Peter Alexander, who creates designer sleepwear/loungewear/daywear - I love wearing his pants and yesterday I christened my latest pair - they cost around $45 a pair - not bad for a designer garment, eh, lol!

Oh, and I did bake almond macaroons early in the morning to take along - a bit of change for me, who usually loves baking, but went off it all there for a while - still not too enthusiastic! Of course there was stacks of gorgeous, yummy food and drinks!

Lynnie, brought along a gorgeous antique quilt for 'Show 'n' Tell ' - from America, I did hear her say over all the noise!

Gwen brought along a hexagon quilt - nice little story here! There is an Australian group who make wheelchairs from the metal gained from recycled ring-pull tops of cans, then there is a group of ladies here in Perth who crochet these hexagons to go over the knees of the recipients in Africa!
The Girlfriends will all be so chuffed to see this pic! This is our Countess, Kris, sporting a new hair style! 'Isn't She Lovely' - hear Stevie Wonder singing again!
I live sort of around the corner from Julia and my daughter, Angela, is a hairdresser - a wonderful one at that! Well, Kris popped home with me with very long hair all done up and Angela popped over with her scissors!

Here's the result - it was all a bit exciting! Hope the new hairstyle is low maintenance for Kris - we are all busy girls, aren't we and need that!
Hope to achieve some sewing in the next few days - not a lot going on lately and so much I want to do!
Happy day - hugs♥

16 Lovely People said ...:

Mildred said...

Oh, it all sounds so fun! Love the pants! The food, fun and conversation sound lovely.

Kathy said...

Cute pants! Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time!

Joy said...

The pants are gorgeous Lurline!!! I love that style of gear to lounge around in too, although I don't have any Peter Alexanders you lucky thing :o).
Love your friend Kris' new "do" ... she looks great!!!
Hugs
Joy :o)

Terri S said...

I love your Tuesdays with the Girls posts. They sound like such a fun group of ladies. How lucky you all are to have each other!!

Kerri said...

Love the pants, and love Peter Alexanders PJ. They are look so comfy. Looks like a great day.. Good on you girls. Nice style for Kris too.

Julia said...

Wasn't it a great day Lurline!...as usual I ate too much cake.
Countessa Kris,looks fabulous...love the hairdo...Kris looks ten years younger.
Forget to say yesterday...I love your new pants.
Thank you the yummy almond macaroons.
Hugs Julia ♥

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

Love the pants and what a perfect way to tackle the day in comfortable clothes.
The antique quilt from America is beautiful and reflects the diversity of the maker a little 9-patch, a little Boston Common.
Thankyou for visiting me way up here in Canada.
Susan

Cybele's patch said...

Sounds like a great girly day. This is what a woman needs once in a while!

Kaaren said...

We had our girlie night last night as well. Lots of tea, goodies and chit chat. Naturally we solved all the problems of the world in about 2 hours. If only it were that easy!

Love your pants Lurline. They look so comfy. Perfect for a day of sitting and sewing.

Love that antique quilt! What a treasure!

Queen of the Armchair said...

Now those glasses of The Countess' are just fabulous along with the hairdo!!! Great day Lurline...cool pants, Dzintra

Notjustnat said...

Love Lynnie's antique quilt. Please thanks her for me for sharing. Girlie day, how fun. I haven't had one for a long long time, but I am going to have one tomorrow to celebrate my new tea set Rose Chinz that I nearly get a divoce getting it lol!!! We are having pearl theme tea party. Yes, I am ready - Natima

*karendianne. said...

I really! enjoyed this post. I loved the antique quilt and now I'm happy singing Stevie Wonder. Oh the baking looks yummy.

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day! The lounge pants are perfect for girls' day. The antique quilt is gorgeous.

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun day. I love the antique quilt. I want to do one like that someday.

Marty's Fiber Musings said...

Tell Kris how much I love her new "Do" very flattering. What a fun day you all had!

Lindi said...

We have the same taste in Peter Alexander! The pink and orange ones in a previous photo - I knew them because I own the same design. And now, I am awaiting delivery of the very same pj pants you have shown here! lol
(I also have some others. I bet you have too. Wonder if the rest are the same? *grin*)