Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Start of a Busy Day - I Hope!

As Julia said, it was a big day out with Girlfriends! yesterday - up in the hills, east of Perth at Prue's place - a great day as usual! Possibly drove round trip of approx 200k's so this was one tired Little Black Duck last night! Of course, we had to side-track to check out a quilt shop!

So here I am this morning with my cup of coffee showing you the fabrics for my Rainbow Swap - see button on sidebar! Perhaps I will do a trial block today - Pinwheels, is my chosen design and chosen colour is Red - am so pleased with these fabrics!

I'm still waiting for Giveaway winners to contact me - it will happen! Two have, another two to go! Meanwhile, look what dear friend Robin has done for me - the border on my Giveaway Runner wasn't quite right (to me anyhow and yes, I am a fuss-pot!) so I conned Robin into quilting this beautiful dainty design - I'm so thrilled with it - thanks again, Robin!

Some gorgeous fabrics I ordered from Jane's Fabrics eBay Shop - I'm so thrilled with them and the three little fat-quarters were a gift - isn't that nice? Again, check out my Rainbow Swap button for Jane's details - you see, this bl**dy computer is so sloooow! The joys of living with Third World technology! - and to cap it off Blogger is being very naughty! Not often I get like this - but today ... I'm over it!! Shall get back to you soon - until then - have a happy day - I will when I leave this monster alone!
Hugs♥

18 Lovely People said ...:

Notjustnat said...

Morning tired Little Black Duck, I couldn't see my prize last night from home computer and now that I see the table runner and love it ooossss is beautiful, can that be my chosen prize??? Have a nice rest day - Natima

Mildred said...

Hi Lurline,
I love your red fabric choices. So very bright and cheerful.

Blogger has been on my nerves since the weekend!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love the red fabrics, they will make wonderful pinwheels, and I am also glad you likr your fabric. I am getting ready for bed and you are enjoying the start of a lovely day. Enjoy!!

MYRA said...

Great fabrics Lurline! I especially like that big floral! Would be great for a stack and whack quilt! 8-)
The quilting that Robin did on the table topper adds just the right amount of umf! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Deb said...

Wohoo, I get to visit and actually see your blog 2 days in a row. It is a pain isn't it, sometimes blogs load, others don't, making grumpy girls!!

Julia said...

Love the fabrics Lurline..
Yes, Robin's quilting did make a big difference to the runner..just finishes it off nicely!
Blog has been a pain in the you know what lately!!

Hugs Julia ♥

Mistea said...

Those fabrics are just gorgeous. The reds are perfect and the brights delicious. Enjoy creating.
Hope your technology has decided to play nice!

Bernadette said...

Happy Birthday for the other day Lurline! Your table runner is very pretty.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely fabrics........sounds like a nice day out.........

Rumi said...

Lovely fabrics, all of them! Your pinwheel blocks will be so pretty!

Fiesta said...

Great fabrics Lurline. I love the border on that runner.

Stephanie said...

Looks like you're ready to sew...pretty dots and a matching mug. Janes is such a sweetheart.

clare said...

Lovely fabric I'm off to Jane s now , thanks .
clares craftroom

Kristie said...

You ladies always seem to have the best times! Love your new fabrics, can't wai to see you use them!
Kristie

Kaaren said...

Love the red and white fabrics for the Rainbow Swap. They're so fresh looking! And ditto for the quilted border on your table runner, Lurline.

I've learned to try to not let computers get you down but most days, the darned machines win out!

Have a super day!

Lisa said...

I love your fabrics and can't wait to see your pinwheels! Glad you had a great day!

em's scrapbag said...

Love all the fabric. The quilting is beautiful.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Waiting for your tips on perfect pinwheel. I like what you did with your birdie's tail.