Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What Will Today Bring?

This Post will be higgledy-piggledy! My mind is on other things - that is, putting pea soup with bacon in the Slow Cooker and making another Dolly Quilt - I'm the official Queen of Change and I'm allowed to do that!

Above - I did get my parcels away on Monday - the overseas ones went Airmail and Australian ones Surface - I find postal charges here pretty horrific! So, all you Girls - hope you get them soon!

Above - Girlfriends met yesterday at Carole's - what a glorious day, gorgeous hostess and absolutely charming surroundings - I'm just so sorry I didn't take lots of pics of the garden with ite roses, azaleas, gardenias, you name it - my favourite was the ground covered in baby-tears, I just love it and Carole is going to give me some - I think I have the perfect spot for it! Of course the company was the best! This is one of Carole's glorious quilts - a self designed First Prize Winner - click to enlarge and you will probably see the beautiful hand quilting!

After I posted the parcels on Monday, I went to visit Danielle, Heidi and Byron - oh, oh, more importantly (these days!) Saskia. Just look at this divine little creature - oh, I love her so much!
She's coming along in leaps and bounds, literally!

How cheeky can you get? She tends to be very happy with her own company - darts away and hides from the kids and who could blame her!

This is Louise's bag made at the Avalon Retreat - she calls it her 'Hemorrhoids Bag' - pain in the butt! Never mind, Louise - all done now and very stylish! See Julia's Apple Core Quilt over the rail behind it!
Carole's Teddies sat behind me and watched over us all and made sure we all kept busy - not!
Well, off to do whatever takes my fancy - must get Hexagons and Rainbow Swap Blocks packed up today and post tomorrow!
'Bye!

22 Lovely People said ...:

Mildred said...

You day at Carole's sounds lovely Lurline.

Saskia is just so very pretty and sweet.

I wish you and your family a very blessed Easter.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Loved all your pictures, especially those of Saskia. She reminds me of my cat, Sassy. My kids told me they thought she was a figment of my imagination since they never saw her. When anyone comes over she runs and hides. Thanks for sharing.

Janet said...

you have been busy, nice pictures especially of the kitty. It sounds like you have a lovelt time when you get together with this crowd.

GARI said...

If it were me, I would put that kitty in my bag and take her back home. She is beautiful.

Jan said...

Hi Lurline, I was thinking of you all at Caroles yesterday. I managed to buy the last Down Under Quilt from the Whyalla newsagents yesterday and I am so proud of you. We have power so may be able to blog a bit more. Love to you all Jan

Notjustnat said...

Hello Lurline, Nice post with Saskia who is beautiful and the teddies are all very cutes. Happy Easter to you and the rest of your family - Natima

Deb said...

Hi Lurline, gosh Saskia is gorgeous , such a sweet little face , so knowing.

Kris said...

Gosh you have been industrious! Hope you have a lovely easter!

Cybele's patch said...

When I see a picture of a kitten I forget about all other pics. That creature is gorgeous.

Narelle said...

Saskia's eyes are such a pretty blue.

Stephanie said...

Postal charges everywhere are quite pricey. I think whoever invented blog swaps should get recognized by the postal systems of the worlds because their income and postal traffic has increased by leaps and bounds! Saskia is just darling.

Fiesta said...

Lurline y ou have the best friends and the most fun.
I would love to see what that ground cover looks like if you ever get a picture. I am always looking for a wonderful but durable ground cover.

*karendianne. said...

Look at that cheeky little Saskia. She's too darn cute. I just know she's going to steal the show. I love the Seal Point Ragdolls(no white mittens and the dark chin). Very very pretty. She's the princess!!! I hope you'll take many photos in the weeks and months to come. :) *karendianne.

Donna said...

Saskia's beautiful blue eyes just melt me. She's a real doll!! Pardon the pun.

Shari said...

Saskia is definitely the most gorgeous cat I've ever seen and such a great little personality.

So glad you had such a lovely day out with all the girls. Those days are always so special...

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Wow, what a busy lady!! I saw the blocks in your picture, they look wonederful! Love little Saskia, what a cutie!

MYRA said...

I think the post is expensive everywhere these days... One can't get away from it, especially us generous quilty bloggers! 8-)

Carole's quilt is absolutely beautiful!!! It must have taken a long time to put that beauty together! 8-)

lol! 'Hemorrhoids Bag' Louise must have a great sense of humor!!! Great bag!

Saskia is a little cutie-pie...

Happy stitchings!

Kaaren said...

It's the busy folks who get the most done and you definitely fit into that category, Lurline.

Saskia is too precious. I would would steal her in an instant.

Micki said...

Saskia is gorgeous! You make me want to get a cat like that.
Micki

Cybele's patch said...

Came back again today just to have another look at Saskia. She is adorable.
Jossie

Catherine said...

Saskia is absolutely adorable! Look at those eyes!

Lissa Jane said...

OOOOhhh the kitty.. its too cute.. My kitty Cosmopolitan Bernard (I kid you not) looked just like that, now he is one fluffy big boy... thanks for sharing the pics Lurline...