Sunday, May 17, 2009

Down Under Quilts Issue 132!

Oh dear, this could be boring for some - here we go! Yes, the latest Issue is on the newsagents' shelves now, featuring several Australian blogger and quilting identities! In all honesty, this is a nice magazine with some lovely quilt patterns and ideas!

For all you Followers of Robin of Daisy Quilts here is her gorgeous quilt! It is to Robyn that bloggers worldwide have to thank Robyn for The Great Hexagon Quilt-Along - so much time and effort she has put into such great blog!

A blurry pic, sorry - this is really a gorgeous quilt - a must try one day for me!

Dear friend, Pat Goodchild is our Meet a Quilter this month. Pat makes very unique quilts and one of her quilts was purchased by Kaffe Fassett, the only quilt he has purchased in Australia. He takes it with him on his travels around the world teaching and lecturing and has used it in his presentations.

Pat puts knitted edges on lots of her quilts and has been an inspiration to me to have a little play, too - thanks Pat - big hugs!

By this Little Black Duck - a simple but handy tote bag - as you know, I have made quite a few of these!
More trivia and then I'll close up shop for today! I Googled 'regency dandy fabrics' and this is what I came up with - Princess Feathers by Windham Fabrics and just gorgeous!
Oh, I must tell you - Creative Living Media produces free digital magazines - Down Under Quilts, Issue 131 is now available, so have a little play at Google, sign up and you can see it all!
DD, Danielle is nagging me to go to the Quilt and Craft Show with maybe a little bit of Harbour Town thrown in - oh, do I have to - I just want to get on with my sewing and trimming Happy Houses - I guess motherhood becomes a priority once again!
PS - pop over to Julia's Place, check out her Profile pic, and you will see what this gorgeous girl looks like - I'm wicked, arent I?

20 Lovely People said ...:

Notjustnat said...

Lurline hi, hope you are having a nice weekend? Your blog is never boring. I love Down Under Quilts and thanks for letting me know that the new one is out.

Julie said...

You are a clever black duck aren't you. Cute bag and well done on becoming a regular contributor. How did you come to be in the magazine? Word of mouth, quilt shows........

Julia said...

You are wicked..I was hoping no one would notice!
Great post Lurline, go and have some fun with Danielle, the HH trimming can wait another day!
Hugs Julia ♥

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your blog is never boring. I did get the digital version of Down Under Quilts and saw the fantastic article about you. I loved your Flowering Almond quilt. And the NY Beauties are wonderful (I wish I had the patience). And the cottage pillow is so cute. You are a clever lady, a true artist.

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats on your pattern published..........lovely bag.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

No doubt about you....your are amazinhg...fantastic pattern Lurline..congrats.

Jan said...

I purchased DUQ Mag today in Alice and have been reading it ever since. Congratulations on both you and Pat for getting in the mag. Of course I recognize the bag!! I also found the Alice Patchwork Shop and purchased some aborigine fabric, maybe a bit of sewing will cure the blues. Hugs Jan

Stina said...

Congrats to beeing published... sure will try and look for a copy here!!!! :o)

Maree said...

Congrats once again for the Publish...Great Bag.
cheers

Joy said...

I bought that magazine so I could see yours and Robyn's gorgeous projects!! You're both so clever :o).
Congratulations for being published again :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Robyn said...

*quiet grin*

I have this one sitting on my bedside table presently.
It is a great mag and does have some wonderful ideas ...I see a bag that I'll have to try.
Thanks girlfriend!!

hgus
Robyn xx

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

boring!! Oh so very far from it, I wonder if I can get a subscribtion to the magazine, even though I am in the states, Your name was on the COVER!!! Oh I will be able to say I knew you when!! Congratulations!!

Mildred said...

Congratulations dear, sweet Lurline! What a thrill. I am honored to call you friend!

Micki said...

It looks like a wonderful magazine and your future projects sound exciting!
Micki

Helz said...

Way To Go Lurline !!! Have just been reading the Electronic copy of DUQ 131 along with my red... a great finish to my Day. Thanks for the Link !

Cybele's patch said...

I have a digital subscription to DUQ and enjoyed reading lasts month's article about your quilting life. So exciting. And guess what. I made a quilt of Charisma charm packs and in split 9-patch too!

Mel said...

Oh, thanks so much for sharing that fun info with us!! I will hunt down a copy!

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Hi Lurline! Just received my DUQ subscription in the mail today - have flicked through it to look at the pictures, but will spend some time with it tonight! It looks good though!

Rita
Red Pepper Quilts

Bunny said...

Love everything in that magazine. I am waiting for issue 131 I think it is with the braid quilt on the cover. I saw it at a quilt shop on Friday and did not pick it up. Someone is getting it for me. I must look for this issue too. Love your blog too.

Janet said...

How exciting to have your pattern published in a magazine and to have your name on the front page!!! Cogratulations!