Friday, July 3, 2009

Pink Ladies!

Beautiful sunshine! The last two days have been delightful - more rain to come!

This little Pink Lady is finished and about to leave home!


Did you know that the Pink Lady apples originated in Western Australia!

I'm being naughty again! I've stolen one of Nedra's pics to show you - look at these gorgeous buttons - pop over to Cactus Needle Quilts to see more - it is Giveaway Day 4 and the buttons are my very favourites!
Yesterday we enjoyed a lovely day out in the sunshine on a crisp winter day! See the lovely pics at Julia's Place! I drove Julia on the 200km round trip, so a long day, but a lovely day - delightfully entertained by Barb!
I'm looking forward to a lovely weekend - enjoy yours!

17 Lovely People said ...:

Nedra said...

Thanks Lurline!
Nedra

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love your pink lady and nedra is having such a fun giveaway, as I told Julia, what could be more fun, good food, good conversation with such good friends; it looks as if you had a wonderful day!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I'm not sure which Pink Ladies I like better, the pin cushion or the ones hanging on the tree! I do love the fabrics you use!

MGM

Maree said...

Another Gorgeous One...wow a long day out you had...sounds like it was worth it...
have a good weekend
cheers

Jan said...

Wow these pin cushions are turning out fantastic.
I hope you all missed me yesterday when you were all out enjoying yourselves. The raggedy quilt looks great too!! talk again soon

Mistea said...

What a super sweet pincushion! Those sure are gorgeous buttons.

Julia said...

It was a great day Lurline, thank you so much for the lift up with you.
Love the pincushion, just to see it for real was a treat, it's the perfect shape...
Hugs Julia ♥

Riet said...

That apple pincushion is gorgeous.Love the fabric and colour

Catherine said...

Yum,Pink Ladies, my favourite apples!
You have a lovely weekend to Lurline!!
Cathyx

Fiesta said...

Lurline you are making the best pin cushions I have ever seen. Those apples and buttons look so yummy.

Janet said...

both apples are delicious, one to eat and one to enjoy with the eyes!

Mildred said...

Hello Lurline, So glad you and Julia had a nice visit with friends. I love your pink lady! Hope you have a great weekend.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Lurline! Oh ... your pink lady apple looks DELICIOUS - good enough to eat! :0) What a cute pincushion this is and I bet it will be loved and appreciated by the recipient. Your little shaggy quilt in the previous post looks fabulous too - you've been a busy bee this week - well done! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Kathie said...

i didn't know that I like pink lady apples and i LOVE that pincushion!
adorable.
what a fun day you had...worth the trip in mho!
Kathie

Rumi said...

Cute pincushion Lurline! Love the fabric you picked for them. Enjoy your weekend.

Rebecca P said...

Pink is my favorite color & your pink lady pincushion is wonderful. I must say, I have never seen such beautiful apples as those on the tree. Makes me want to reach out & grab it to take a bite.

QUILTILNLG IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Lurline--both pictures of the apples look YUMMY--thanks for sharing--have a great week end--Hugs, just, Di