Friday, March 26, 2010

Flowers, Gifts and Shopping!

It is so lovely to chat, though no stitching to show! How beautiful are the flowers from Girlfriends! and a lovely rosebush too - Sweet Sonata - Kaffe's new book from me to me, naughty, but I love to self-indulge at times.

It has been so wonderful hearing all your good wishes and kind thoughts - time to move on - all seems well on the home-front and I'm looking forward to being up to date on Replies and putting my energies into Browsing and Commenting.

Julia's sweet fabrics for me pretty, pretty!

A little bit of shopping from the Fat Quarter Shop - I love the simplicity and freshness of the little lap quilt pattern - I ordered this in case I run out of things to do, lol!

This is a gorgeous range 'Folklore' - 19th Century for Whistler Studios for Windham Fabrics - not really for me, but for a very, very special project. I still love the pretty, bright repros - would love to open them out and show you all, but I know this little chicken wing would have trouble putting them back neatly.
Have yourself a great weekend and do lots of fun things!

27 Lovely People said ...:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh your flowers are just beautiful! I love!! The tree fabric from Julia and all the other goodies you showed. rest this weekend, Hugs!!

Christine said...

Lurline, great to hear you are doing well.
I have been so sidetracked with family helping Sabrina with the girls however I can ( it is very hard on her own since Lee left for Timor)
Anyway hopefully back to some me time soon.
Take care and speedy recovery.
hugs
Christine

lani said...

how beautiful r those flowers

Myra said...

Wonderful flowers and goodies!!! Take it easy! 8-)

Sandi Butler said...

Lots of thoughtful gifts from friends, how lovely. Glad to hear that all is well. Am loving all of that fabricy goodness (especially the Windham fabrics).

Nedra said...

Run out of things to do? And I'm waiting to get the new Kaffe book also.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nice treats Lurline, so pleased to hear you are doing well...take care Peg xx

Mistea said...

Lots of eye candy there - a girl needs to be surrounded by beautiful things while recuperating. Enjoy

Stina said...

Lovely lovely treats for you.... Take care.. and have fun... think that can be done at the same time... lol...

Tozz said...

Its so good to hear you are going well and the flowers and everything is wonderful :) You are like me and have to have little self indulgences every now and again. :) Its all good :) hugs Vicki

Julia said...

Everything is lovely Lurline..so glad your getting some time online,
You run out of things to do...never!
Nothing wrong with a few treats..enjoy.
Hugs Julia ♥

Mildred said...

So nice to hear from you Lurline. The flowers, fabrics and book are lovely. Hope you continue to improve. Blessings to you and Ed.

Fiesta said...

Fabulous fabrics Lurline. But of course that is the best part of quilting isn't it.

Betweens said...

so glad that the homefront has settled..(just catching up sorry) I love the christmas cactus quilt in the background of your florals!! it is just gorgeous!!
great fabrics to play with as well.. enjoy your day

Margaret said...

I'm so glad to hear things are settling back down to normal. I love the flowers and the gifts of fabrics! And your stash from the FQS -- yum! I love that Sweetwater quilt too -- I keep eyeing it.

Rumi said...

So glad you are doing well. Lovely fabric and flowers!

Miriam said...

Gorgeous fabrics!!!!

I want to let you know I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Congratulations! The award is for bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity. Thank you for all your inspiration.
Take a look at your award on my blog http://yellowrosequilts.blogspot.com/

em's scrapbag said...

Glad to hear you and hubby are doing better. Love all the glorious gifts from others and yourself. Enjoy!

Rae Ann said...

All of the things that you have posted are wonderful...from the flowers to the fabric.
They will bring sunshine to anyone's day.
Love the gift from Julia... how sweet!

Janet said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and looking ahead to lots of new projects! That Windham fabric looks wonderful.

Chookyblue...... said...

pleased to hear your getting along well........love the flowers and fabric shopping........

Sue-Anne said...

Those flowers are beautiful, and what a great idea to give a rose bush. You will have something to keep. Glad you are feeling better. Love your goodies from Fat Quarter Shop.

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

i am so glad you are on the mend, thanks for sharing pics of your lovely goodies

Janet said...

What a lot of lovely photos, you deserve to be spoilt rotten.I love the fabrics, very nice tree fabric and so are the ones for that really special project. Keep improving with the mobility.

Micki said...

I love the flowers Lurline...it is wonderful having you back, and you are very loved.
Micki

Valentina said...

Dear Lurline, happy to hear that you are feeling better and hope that you will be stitching again soon. :)
In the meantime, I am sure you will make the best out of this Sabbatical! :)
with much love,
Valentina from Cyprus

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Isn't fat quarter shop amazing. I love that fabric. Glad to see you moving in the right direction.