Sunday, April 25, 2010

Anzac Day Twenty-Ten!

Today we have celebrated Anzac Day honouring our brave men and women, past and present who have proudly fought for and defended our country during war times. So many have dedicated their lives to helping other countries, too - God bless you all!

Yesterday I spotted a Post about the latest Down Under Quilts magazine - one of my dearest friends, Christine of Once Upon a Quilt ... has done it again - another wonderful pattern for us all to share. Congratulations, Christine - let's see what the rest of the year brings for you, I'm sure it will all be good! Love your Pinwheel Delight! Ann of Quiltopia! Design had her gorgeous African Dreams published in the same magazine - a stunning design a lot of you will really enjoy - congratulations, Ann, a dear Blogland friend!


Quite the trifecta this issue - for me three friends featured in the same issue - pop over to visit Julia to see what the Covergirl has to offer! Congratulations, Julia!
Guess what - I have been typing with two hands tonight, yippee! It is 6 weeks tomorrow since surgery and I have decided to abandon the sling just a little at times until I see the doctor on Wednesday - I have been feeling quite a failure with it all and must not show this negativity to Mr Wang, he might make me stay in the sling a couple of more weeks and I'm not going to let that happen, so I had best approach him with a chirpy, positive attitude!
'Til then -

18 Lovely People said ...:

Margaret said...

Good luck with the big day -- hope you get rid of the sling for good! That issue of the mag looks wonderful! I wonder if I'll be able to find it at my local bookstore... Happy Anzac Day! (Is that the right thing to say?)

Grethe said...

Glad you told what the Anzac Day is. Must be a big day as so many people write about it. Love pinwheels,so that quilt is just up my alley :-)

Mildred said...

I hope you get a wonderful report from the dr. I know it has been a long six weeks! Lovely to see your friends featured in the magazine! Sending you a big hug, Mildred

Rebecca said...

Good luck with the Doctor but you have the right idea be positive ,but if it hurts be the first to tell them. love the pinwheel quilt yummy colours.
Hugs Bec

Christine said...

You have been so good and soon it will all be worth it.
I still haven't got the magazine and must get one, thank you for the mention.
gentle hugs ( don't crush the shoulder)
Christine

Ann said...

THANKS for the lovely complimentary post Lurline! Hope you're mending well. Ann ♥

Cardygirl said...

It was great to see Julia 7 Christine in DUQ...clever girls!

Chookyblue...... said...

wow all your friends in one magazine.......

Julia said...

Thanks Lurline..Congrats to Ann and Christine too.
All the best for tomorrow...typing with two hands must be a good sign that it's healing well..
Hugs Julia ♥

Lizzie said...

What amazing talent there is around blogland!! Well done on the typing Lurline, take it easy though and don't do any damage....
Have a good week.
Lizzie
xxx

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, all that talent in one issue!! Good luck with the doctor, we will be waiting to hear the news!

Mrs Quilty said...

Those are such interesting quilts! I sure hope you can manage without the sling. I am sure you are sick of it completely!! Good luck at the docs.

Nedra said...

So glad your arm is feeling a little better. I'm sure it's been a long 6 weeks. Best of luck at the doctors.

Cybele's patch said...

Wish you good luck on Wednesday! Hope he has good news!

julieQ said...

Just continue to rest and recover, and it is so good to hear from you! That is a really pretty pinwheel quilt...

em's scrapbag said...

Glad you are almost better.
Very talented quilty friends.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I'm so glad you are better. It is a process and progress is measured slower than we like most times. Good for you though. Wonderful patterns. Julia is a dear.

Pauline said...

Hi Lurline,
great news that you are rid of the contraption and you are doing well...now just take care of yourself and stay on the mend..I love North and South too...cheers