Thursday, April 1, 2010

Over To Julia!

Oh, it is wonderful to have good friends ... what would we do without them! My Kaffe quilt arrived in the post today - Barb, another dear friend has quilted it on her longarm - I just love what she has done with it - closeup to come!

I quickly picked up the phone to ask Julia if she would stitch the binding for me - a lovely 'yes' from her - so I'm thrilled! I think the goldie fabric should just add a sparkle and bring out the soft gold in the quilt!

Oopsy! Time rushes on, so here we are Good Friday - a happy and blessed Easter to all - stay safe on the roads! All is sitting very beautifully with my shoulder and no magic sling for stitching and driving - only another 4 weeks loss of independence. I am so lucky I can big-stitch quilt and it has been lovely having time to browse, checking out all the beautiful projects!

I have received some lovely little surprises in the mail and now I can't wait to get my Outlook Express working to thank the senders - maybe tomorrow, fingers and toes crossed! Bigpond Webmail is just too slow and tiresome for me.

I'm looking forward to more browsing and quilting today - enjoy your weekend!

17 Lovely People said ...:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Your quilt is beautiful Lurline! So happy to hear you are doing well. A very happy and blessed Easter to you too!

MGM

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I'm sure Julia will finish it off perfectly - it's a beauty!
Happy Easter Lurline!

Margaret said...

How lovely that you have Julia to help you out -- the quilt looks gorgeous! Glad to hear your shoulder is healing well! Have a wonderful Easter!

Julia said...

Very happy to help out Lurline..
Oh girls, you should see the quilt for real....it's beautiful!
it will look lovely hanging up on your wall..
Hugs Julia ♥

wishes, true and kind said...

Your quilt looks gorgeous, and I think that gold binding will look just right!

nicoledemana said...

Hi glad to hear you are on the mend take care of yourself and enjoy the time out to the best of your ability God Bless Happy Easter love Nicole (UK) x

Bluebell said...

I love your quilt the colours are so pretty. Take care and have a lovely Easter weekend.
Love Jillx

Mildred said...

That is a beautiful quilt Lurline. I wish you Easter blessings. So nice to hear from you. Take care dear friend.

PatchworkRose said...

Your Quilt colours are just gorgeous. Love Phillip Jacobs big Blousey prints and the gold looks wonderful as binding. Glad to hear that your shoulder is on the mend..
Take Care and Enjoy your Easter
xox
Lynne

julieQ said...

I am a Julia...and I would bind for you too! LOL! That is my favorite part of the quilt making process. Love your quilt, it is just so springish!!

Myra said...

What I can see of it, looks like a wonderful quilt Lurline! How wonderful of Julia to bind it for you... 8-)

Cybele's patch said...

You have a set of great friends Lurline!

Happy Easter and take care!
Jossie

Micki said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Micki

Cardygirl said...

Glad you are mending...your quilt looks great! Happy easter!

Rae Ann said...

Happy Easter Lurline and I am happy that you are getting along well. I love your beautiful quilt and the gold is fabulous!

Mildred said...

Wishing you a glorious Easter Lurline.

limpingalong said...

I've been away from blogland for a while so I was behind but I caught up today. I'm happy your surgery went well -- I think you will be healed and back full speed ahead before too long. Meanwhile, enjoy the down time -- you can still design, after all!

Happy Easter!