Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My New Baby!

I have very rude, hurtful children!!! I intend squandering more of their inheritance, lol!
Angela: I wish she would go out and buy a b****y new camera and then she will shut up about it!
Adrian : Yeah, right, and then she won't be able to use it anyhow!
Isn't she lovely and yes, I can use her, not very well though! I'll put her to the test over the weekend when we visit New Norcia - the only monastic town in Australia - I'm quite looking forward to a little escape!

I've joined in with everyone and am going to make a small block of Klosjes to put into my GT&SB quilt - fiddly little things, maybe a 12" square block!

Yesterday we had a nice little sewing day here - Teena, Robin, Moi, Diane, Kris and Prue - lots of Prue's fans will be happy to see another pic of her! Robin acted as hostess providing a beautiful lunch, thanks, Robin. Kris looked after us with tea and coffee and put herself at the kitchen sink washing and drying dishes - Naughty Girl! - there's a 2-drawer dishwasher just under the sink. But, gee, it was a lovely day, a small group so very relaxing!

Here's Kris, Julia and Diane - all smiles! I am using Julia's templates for my Klosjes, so she showed me how to set up the first one - I so wish she would draw them all for me, lol! Definitely not my thing! We've just been to see Ed's Doc - not wonderful news! - let's just hope all is well that ends well! He was kind enough to stop at a nearby QS - he wandered in after me, so consequently just a few little snippets of fabric! I love the slatey grey/black, can even see framing a Dancing Dollies cot quilt, on a light backgound it would show off the pretty dressses beautifully- we'll see! Happy day everyone!

29 Lovely People said ...:

Lizzie said...

Well done on the camera Lurline, you'll love it I know! We visited New Norcia when we drove over to W.A. a couple of years ago, beautiful place, so tranquil.
Stay well..
Lizzie

Notjustnat said...

Hi Lurline, it is nice to see you without the sling. Hello Julia, it look like you were having a fun day. Don't you love stitching the klosjes blocks? I wish I have more time to do anything! Hugs Nat

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your new baby Lurline, your day with friends looks just perfect...Hope all is well?

Fiona said...

Welcome to the SKI Club (Spend the Kid's Inheritance). I hope everything is okay with hubby.

Hugs - Fee XX

Jan said...

Glad to see you are back enjoying yourself with the girls. I am very envious. Have fun with that camera. Tell Angela learning to use the camera is the best fun. Miss you all Hugz Jan

Julia said...

I'm with Fiona...enjoy the SKI Club (Spend the Kid's Inheritance)you earned it...enjoy some time away with Ed, have fun and learn to use the camera, looks great so far..
Hugs Julia ♥

Jeni said...

you will have fun with the new babe......
and the ladies look like a great group

Andi said...

Sending lots of good wishes to Ed.
Enjoy the new baby. I'm in the market for a new camera too so I'm keen to hear how it goes!!
Andi :-)

Deb said...

Hi Lurline, enjoy playing with your new baby, what fun. Hope all is well with the doctor, will be thinking of you and Ed.
big hugs Deb

Miriam said...

Congratulations on that new camera!
Have fun with the klosjes. They really are fun to make!
Lovely fabrics.
All the best for Ed.

Rebecca said...

Enjoy the new baby this weekend sound like a good one. Hugs Bec

clare's craftroom said...

I'm sorry you didn't get great news from the doctor . What a lovely camera , have fun with it !

Jackie said...

I am sure you will have fun with your camera! Sorry to hear that the doctor news wasn't so great. Hope everything turns out for the better though.

Maree: said...

Love your New Baby..have Fun learning...a lovely piccie of the group..Robyn is looking well..fingers crossed for ED...
cheers

Margaret said...

Nice camera! Hope you and she adjust to each other! Glad you had a good get together. I'll be thinking good thoughts for Ed.

Nedra said...

What a lovely day with your friends. I'm guessing you will get to know your camera well within a few weeks. And tell your husband that more prayers are being sent from Utah.

Laura said...

Congrats on your new baby and it sounds like you had a lovely day with your friends. Hope Ed is better soon.

Bobbie Ashley said...

Lurline, no sling? How happy I am for you! Nothing like having itchy fingers and you can't stitch. It's a form of torture if you ask me. Love the new camera, you will adore the new pictures and wonder how you eve did without it before.
Stitching the Klojes are really a lot of fun. Check out my blog, I am posting some templates and helpful hints. I just love putting them together. So great to see you up and running.

Hugs,
Bobbie Ashley

Margaret said...

It is so refreshing to read about the other ladies in the SKI Club. Since I already have a camera, I'm heading to the North Atlantic on a cruise, taking my applique with me.
Margaret

Chookyblue...... said...

love the new baby........have fun snapping away..........

Kim said...

It's all about the proper tools ~ this camera should do nicely...such a lucky girl! :-D

Sue-Anne said...

Have fun playing with your new camera, it looks like a beauty. Glad you had a fun day with your friends and are making some Klosjes. They are so sweet, I'm sure you will enjoy them. Good luck with your husband, hope he will be better soon.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love your new baby! I do not think I would be able to work her. Glad you had a nice day with friends and I hope Ed's news is good.

Janet said...

Oh, nice camera, you must let us know how easy it is to use once you have a play. What a nice day with friends, I think you must have some great cooks in that group. I'll send good thoughts Ed's way.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

OH Happy day--what a pretty new camera--and yes it takes some work to learn to use them--but us bloggers are determined to do our photos just right --so stand back "kid" and watch me make this work!!!
Hugs, Di

Bev C said...

Hello Lurline, Love the new camera,you lucky lady. Enjoy New Norcia. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Candace said...

I'm glad that you are back creating again and not having to wear that sling. Your camera looks like a fun toy and I'm sure that you'll take many lovely pictures with it. Your story about your kids reminds me of a coworker from years back. She was telling us how she had a new color tv for her bedroom, seems she had bought it for her getting started married son and when she got home she walked in to hear him telling his dad how they'd do better if they watched how they spent their money, lol. I guess it just hit her wrong.
I love your dollies by the way.

Micki said...

I love your new baby! You should be taking great pics with it! Love the block you made!
Micki

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I'm intimidated by cameras. I hope you get to know this one really well. What a fun day with friends. I feel like I could sit down with you all and just enjoy the women.