Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Day in the Life of Quilters!

Oh, we feel so lucky - yesterday we spent a lovely day with Lizzie from A House in the Country! We think we are pretty special as Lizzie comes all the way from Gordon, Victoria to Perth in Western Australia! It would be just lovely to have her with us all the time - I kinda think she's our sort of Girlfriend!

A lot of you have probably checked out Julia's post of today - yes, I do use my Dresden Plate Quilt as a tablecloth - and it is hand-quilted and yes I do wash on a 'gentle' in the washing machine. Yum, Melting Moments by Carole and Pumpkin Scones by Patti, and lots of other goodies for lunch!
A fun pic - knitted crowns by Patti on the right and I know quite a few of you out there will be pleased to see another pic of our gorgeous Prue!
Our gorgeous Barb, too,with her creative ribbon crochet - it's looking great!
Just a little bit of colour to welcome Spring - a beautiful day here today and we are all looking forward to the warmer weather - maybe I'll do a little bit of applique preparation now as I've been a slack-tart and wasted most of the day, but it is nice to have days like this, too!
Happy Stitching!

20 Lovely People said ...:

Mistea said...

Lizzie is a fun kind of Girlfriend to be around - glad you had a wonderful day.

Love your flowers.

Sue said...

How nice to see, not one but two people I really know in your post. Hugs to Lizzie and Prue and I hope to meet the rest of the girlfriends one day.
Hugs Sue

Vicki ♥ said...

Looks like you all had a fab day :)

Vicki ♥ said...

I meant to say I love the knitted crowns :)

Barb said...

You ladies look like you are having a grand time....and what a great way to use your quilt as a table cloth.

Sue-Anne said...

How exciting to have Lizzie come visit! It looks like you all had a fantastic time and that spread on the table is making me hungry. Love the knitted crowns!!!

the running chicken quilting said...

Wonderful crowns! I haven't done crochet for years but as Autumn is on its way here, maybe it's a good time to start! Love your blog!

Margaret said...

Looks like you all had a grand time! It's so nice that Lizzie got to visit with you all -- what a special treat! I love your quilt -- you are so brave to use it as a tablecloth!

quiltingnana said...

the table looks lovely....and it seems the time you had matched!

Chookyblue...... said...

how nice to be able to enjoy the day with your group and Lizzie.......

Julie said...

How funny to open your blog and see Lizzie's smiling face. Looks like a nice girly get together.

Lizzie said...

Thank you Lurline for making me so welcome and introducing me to your gorgeous Girlfriends, each and everyone made me feel so special. I had a wonderful day in your lovely home amongst all those talented girls...
I certainly wish East was a little closer to West and we could do it again soon..!
Lizzie
xxx

Notjustnat said...

Lurline, how lucky you are to have Lizzie visiting. I've met Lizzie too and she is the Godess of Gordon! Enjoy and enjoy - Hugs Nat

Julia said...

What a great day it was Lurline...I just ran into Lizzie at T/Traders...Yes, us both buying fabric, can't help ourselves, can we!
Hugs Julia♥

Jen said...

I know what you mean Lurline.
Lizzie is my best friend and I am so sorry but I will not share her too much in the near future.
I miss her too much!
I am happy though she has delighted in your company whilst on her trip to W.A.
Cheers, Jen

Miriam said...

Looks like a wonderful time together.

Love your roses! You have blooms already!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Love your pics and Julias. I will enjoy seeing spring down under through your blog. Just as we are getting out the quilts.

Micki said...

Looks like a great day with friends. It was fun seeing Lizzie there...she is really a sweetheart.
Micki

Grethe said...

Lovely tablecloth,Hope nobody spilt coffee on it! Never done dresden plates,but one day;may be this winter....Yes,winter is on its way.

I love looking at blogs with lots of spring- flowers,because up here it is almost frost during the night. Your flowers are lovely:-)

Maggey and Jim said...

So much fun with friends.. It is starting to turn cool here and winter will be here before I am ready.. Would love to have pumpkin scone recipe.. Have a great week,
Maggey