Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lucky Me!

What a surprise! I had seen it before and love it, but didn't think for one moment it was for me! And it really is 'just me' - I know I have a very wide choice in fabrics and this is one of them! Sweet Baby Girlfriend! Shari made this for me as a PIF, which I really had forgotten about. Every stitch is perfect and I love the soft orange border fabric - you will see lots of it in the future as I'm going to use it every chance I can! Thank you so much Shari - I adore you!

Look how it came wrapped!

Lots of other goodies, too!

If I did Sunday Stash, I would be a day early - Kaffe's and Co. - no soft colours there!

I wish I could remember the year - I did make this quilt from Kaffe's first quilting book (I think I am correct in saying this!) - I made it as a challenge to myself as I didn't use greens a lot, and of course Kaffe's name was on every quilter's lips. Do you know what - the opportunity came along to sell it at what I thought was a great price at the time - it would have been a nice keepsake. This was in the days when I was reluctant to even label my quilts - my thoughts were 'I'm not good enough to call myself a quilter'. Christine of Once Upon a Quilt ... was in the first group I joined and most of the others were designers and prize winners, too - they didn't formally teach me, but I soaked every bit of knowledge from them that I could - great days!

My roses are starting to bloom beautifully - this one is almost the size of a bread and butter plate! Happy weekend everyone, I hope to get lots of stitching prepared and done!

26 Lovely People said ...:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your quilt from Shari is adorable Lurline! Enjoy!

Chookyblue...... said...

what lovely gifts from Shari........I have a few roses starting too......just picked a lovely scented one..........

Unknown said...

What a Gorgeous PIF...so Cute.
cheers

Kris said...

A lovely post Lurline. It's wonderful to look back!

Anonymous said...

Love the little quilt and yes I remember the quilt and wish I had bought it from you, would have been nise to have knowing you made it.

hugs
Christine

Sue-Anne said...

What a beautiful PIF gift you received! That rose is divine, I can't wait till mine start to flower.

limpingalong said...

I love the quilt from Shari -- I've been planning one of those in my mind -- mentally combing through my stash and picking the colors.
Meanwhile, however, I'm still working on the closets -- made lots of progress!

Janet said...

What a lovely post and what lovely goodies Shari sent you. The first flowering of the roses is the best.

Margaret said...

What a wonderful gift from Shari! Lucky indeed!

Unknown said...

Yes, I would say you had a very lucky day!! Loving the Kaffe fabrics that you have chosen, just gorgeous. Our flowers are now nearing the end. The cooler nights and days mean winter is near by.

Terry said...

Love teh little quilt and all the other goodies too! That rose is just beautiful! :0)

Bunny said...

Love that little quilt but not sure I know what PIF is LOL. You are a lucky gal,to have received such wonderful gifts. Our flowers are fading as we begin our Fall season when the leaves will turn to beautiful colours. Then the dreaded snow.. LOL. Hugs

Nedra said...

What lovely prizes. and I love anything Kaffe.

Kaaren said...

Gorgeous PIF gifts from Shari. The quilt is darling...and so is the rose. I am drinking in the scent from here.

Retrogirl said...

What a wonderful collection of goodies! Enjoy, Lurline.
Happy Quilting,
Heather
=)

Rebecca P said...

What a sweet gift, love the little quilt.
One of my loves, is pink roses. I admire your ability to grow them.

Myra said...

A wonderful package of goodies you've received there Lurline!
Great fabrics, and what a beautiful rose!!! 8-)

Micki said...

What a wonderful PIF...She put a lot of love into that quilt.
Micki

Barb said...

What fun goodies...the fabrics are just wonderful!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Wow, what wonderful goodies!! and I can smell that rose all the way over here.

Vivian said...

Lucky lady, Lurline -- the little quilt and all the other goodies are wonderful! You opened a treasure chest.
How interesting to read about your early days of quilting. It's so easy to consider ourselves unequal to others when we begin a craft. We still soak up info from others, don't we? There's always something to learn.

Grethe said...

Great PIF!
My little rose bush is almost dying,as autumn flowers take its place.
Lovely stash colours for a new Kaffe Fassett quilt :-) I am sure your first quilt by him was great.I am a Kaffe Fassett fan, soon to sew something......may be.

LuAnn said...

A beautiful little quilt, and what a wonderful gift. I love those Kaffe fabrics. They are just gorgeous. I wonder if you have a plan for the Kaffe fabrics or if they are just for something later. That is a beautiful rose. It is almost autumn here in the US, and the leaves are beginning to fall.

Mary said...

What a great gift! It is fun to look back at quilts finished years ago...each quilt has it's own story and excitement.

Wendy said...

What a sweet PIF you received. The quilt is wonderful. Aren't quilters the best for giving.

Zlaty said...

What a pretty quilt your friend Shari made for you! Lucky you!