Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Happy Weekend!

About to do this Post then tear myself away from the computer! Do you remember my Liberty Log Cabin I started in November - I'm picking up a little significant memorabilia to add along the way - of course, I am the only one who it will be meaningful to but that's okay! Let's start from the top right - a gorgeous, well-used hankie in a bright, pretty floral brought to me many years ago from Liberty London, blueish peacock tail - sent to me when DD Danielle lived in England, middle blue floral - a fine cotton from Jim Thompson, Pattaya, Thailand and the dainty peachy floral the same. The name Jim Thompson is synonymous with the finest silks in Thailand and the hankies of a generous size cost me AU$1 each, oh I must get some more to add! The two Liberties are still currently available!

Cute shoes from Festival Central, Pattaya - wow, the department stores there almost equal those in the US - no street market stalls for me. Now I'm not being snobby, I just think I am one of the luckiest girls in the world to have these experiences.
The shoes sort of go nicely with the BOM I have re-joined from amitie textiles - I did, then I cancelled and had just the one month sitting looking at me, then I've seen Janet's of Quiltsalott, too so let's hope I can make a little start this evening! It will be nice and bright and I was having a little worry about this - well, if I can wear shoes like that I can cope with the quilt I guess!

Oh, yes - my Accuquilter! I've had it since before Christmas and can't make up my mind if I will really get the value out of it, so it is not even unpacked. Please help me if you have an opinion as I bought it through Hancock's free shipping and I'm sure I could easily sell it if necessary.

My two little cherubs were waiting for Nanny to return home - of course the pressies went down beautifully - more here and there about the place! OMG they are gorgeous kids - just have to have a little brag!
My computer room is so tidy it's to die for and that hasn't been the case for many months - it has taken a couple of days to be completely organized - so it's off into 'My Studio' now - let's see how we go! This body of mine is regaining strength so rapidly, so I'm just treasuring every moment of the day! It was such a long time feeling so lousy so I have lots of time to make up.
It has been great hearing from lots of you and getting some news -I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

21 Lovely People said ...:

Liz said...

Lovely to have you back Lurline, it certainly looks like you had an amazing time. Our grandson is off to Chang Mai in two weeks, his school has a campus there and he will spend 8 weeks over there, how am I going to manage without seeing him for that long..? Fabulous shoes, I love them and of course you can do the circle quilt....
I've been hanging out to get an acuquilt cutter and I'm watching Julia carefully to see how she goes...
Lizzie
xxx

Shari said...

The kids are looking too cute for words! Back to school soon...

Just love love love the shoes - you go girl! And other lovely shopping - it's so nice to have little memory keepers in our quilts.

Why don't you try the acuquilt before making a decision - it might be very useful if you have the right dies.

Hope to see you at Carole's if my schedule permits (I'm hoping).

Anonymous said...

Lurline it is wonderful to hear you so positive and cheerful, the grand kiddies are too cute, I too enjoy mine and love spending time with them.

The shoes well cute as cute can be, I am currently starting to quilt quilts for the Flood appeal and am getting more in the post.
Let me know how you go with the Accu cutter, I have been pondering about buying one.
Take care and happy stitching
Christine

Helen said...

oh those shoes are adorable, so jealous.

Janet said...

It's all sounds very upbeat over at your place, lovely shoes, lovely projects and fabrics. I have no desire for an accu cutter so can't help you there. It might be good for saving your shoulder from cutting strain.

antique quilter said...

so happy to hear from you and thanks for the visit to my blog!
I am so glad your feeling better and you sure sound like the "old" Lurline!
love those shoes, have fun in the sewing room
I think you will get a lot of use out of the Acuquilt once you start using it
Kathie

julieQ said...

Those babies are definitely gorgeous!! I love your Liberties fabrics...so pretty.

Margaret said...

Lurline, it's so good to hear you feeling more yourself again! Your grandbabies are definitely beauties and something to be proud of! I love the new fabrics for your Liberty log cabin -- and the quilt too! So pretty! I love Liberty! That BOM piece is wonderful too -- i know you can do it! Can't help with the accuquilter. Don't have one, although I've dreamed about it. lol!

JudyCinNC said...

So wonderful to hear how well you are feeling, Lurline. Your holiday sounded like an amazing journey. Did you spend time in your shoes or are you waiting for just the right time? Lovely hankies and will certainly compliment your Liberty Log Cabin. Happiness in your January journey from Judy C and her www.shadetreequilting.com

Maggey and Jim said...

Great to see you back.. Love your finds.. Have a great week.I too need to organize my computer room,, yikes!!!!!!!!!!!
Maggey

Micki said...

Wonderful to see you back! I think that the AccuQuilt would help you in the cutting. I know that when I cut the Drunkard Path pieces, I wished I had the die. I think you will love it!
Micki

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

How nice to see you back and your little ones are just so cute. I also LOVE your shoes.
I have the "Go" and I find it is great for odd shape pieces, especially for appliqué.

Cardygirl said...

The Liberty's look great...lovely to hear of your holiday!

Molly said...

I don't have any tools like the accuquilter, my rulers and rolling cutter do such a great job. I think that tool should be reserved for quilting wanna be's. It's so expensive and locks you into just the sizes they provide. A creative and experienced quilter shouldn't need it.
Really cute kids and shoes. You must be doing something right!

Jeanette said...

I've been wanting an accuquilter myself & have the same reservation you are having. I'm watching Julia's post too to see how she goes with hers. I don't think you'd have trouble selling it if you decide too.

Anonymous said...

Ohh those shoes are to die for and i agree grandchildren are just the best.
cheers Sheryl
http://shez-enjoyinglife.com

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful fabrics, cute grandkids, but I think I NEED those spotted shoes.

Terri S said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better. Sounds like a little holiday is just what the doctor ordered!!

Margaret said...

The smiling faces at the end of the post were the best part, though I did like the shoes and the fabric

Candace said...

My computer isn't doing it's best the last picture didn't open, but I'll try again later. Looks like many treasures. The shoes are really awesome.

Nanette Merrill said...

Those shoes are so so cute!