Sunday, June 26, 2011

Japanese Flowers!

Today has been a lovely, quiet day - nothing unexpected has arisen, I must keep my fingers crossed! I have had a nice little play and have satisfied myself with yarn, tension, etc to start on a Japanese Flowers Scarf - now, seems like everyone in Blogland has given this a try!


The original came from this book and I have gleaned hints and tips from all and sundry - Julia, Attic 24, Elizabeth Kat, Danielle and Calico & Ivy. The yarn I have chosen is 65% baby alpaca and 35% mulberry silk - I am so thingy! about what I wear against my skin - it has to be soft and beautiful - Andes by Debbie Bliss is just that!


Whoohoo! Look at that - as you can see, I have used a 3.0mm hook, it's a Clover and I just love them! I was originally going to stick to just the four featured colours, but now have decided to lash out - I'll be phoning Calico & Ivy tomorrow morning! I'm very happy with the way the flower is sitting - without blocking and using the smaller hook than recommended.


Oh, I don't know if I can do this - Christine's Dolly Quilt Swap 2 is due this month and still I have nothing prepared - maybe I should steal some blocks from a quilt block swap - aren't they pretty - such lovely colours and prints in the repros!

Well, I did get interrupted - never mind! - my man is still so sick - don't feel I can talk about it at the moment, sorry! I see Darlene and Kaaren from The Painted Quilt are affected by illness - I'm so sad about that, too - best wishes to them! Happy week sewing everyone!

18 Lovely People said ...:

Mystica said...

I do hope he feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

I love the wool and the scarf your are making, beautiful.
Lurline those blocks would make a lovely little quilt.

Take care
Christine

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your crocheting is fabulous Lurline! Hope that scarf brings you smiles and warmth.

Julia said...

Your scarf is going to be gorgeous..
Those blocks will make a beautiful doll quilt...go for it!
have been thinking of you all...so sorry Ed is still unwell...I've been hanging out for good news..
Julia ♥

Heidi said...

Your scarf will no doubt be lovely when done. Sending you positive thoughts for you and your husband....

Sandi said...

Oh I can't wait to see more of your scarf - it's going to be gorgeous!

Margaret said...

That scarf is going to be wonderful! Love the colors! Hope your DH is better soon. Sending good thoughts!

Unknown said...

I Love Debbie Bliss Wool & what you are Using is Just Gorgeous oh I Love those Colours...
Hope Ed is Feeling Better Real Soon.
xx

Hanne said...

Lovely block! Sending you a hug!

Shari said...

I'm so glad you found just the right yarn - it's just lovely and I love your flower. Glad all is calm at the moment - thinking of you!
Love - Shari

Terry said...

Your crocheted flower is just beautiful! Your scarf is going to be wonderful! :0)

Miriam said...

Your crochet looks great. I love the look of the yarn and colours our are using.
I hope Ed's health improves soon.
((hugs))
Take care of yourself too, Lurline. x

Sue-Anne said...

Hi Julia, I love those scarves and already yours is looking wonderful. I hope your husband gets better soon.

Sue-Anne said...

Sorry Lurline - I mean't you, not Julia!

Nanette Merrill said...

My daughter made me that scarf. It is kind of scratchy though. Like your yarn better.

Annie said...

I love the scarf and the wool - so soft and lovely

Julie said...

Those wool colours and pattern are lovely Lurline.

Anonymous said...

I have bеen browѕing online greater than 3 hours today, but I by no means
found any fаscinating aгticle lіκe yours.

It is pretty νaluе suffіcient for mе.
In my viеw, if all website owners and blοggers made
еxcellent cοntent аs yοu ρrobably dіd,
the intеrnеt will bе a lot more useful than eveг before.
My website : educational toys for kids