Friday, August 10, 2012

Scandinavian Rose!

This will bring back memories! In the 'olden' days we were taught embroidery in 'Prep' - it was done on sewing cards. Then, of course, in my late teens, I had enough doyleys in my glory box to cover every nook and cranny! Oh, this is a bit embarrassing - today young women would be reading Fifty Shades of Grey instead of doing satin stitch, lol!I am big fan of Rosalie Quinlan and couldn't pass this gorgeous creation - I really love it! I intend plodding along and making it a family heirloom - progress will be slow.


Sometimes I think I need a bomb under me - I have been fiddling with my blog, while doing a bit of secret handwork. I still haven't jumped over to the new interface - scaredy cat! Who can give me a bit of encouragement.

Happy stitching!

13 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Go on you can do it, grin

barb's creations said...

Come on you can do it just take that first step..... I also have just bought this lovely BOM but I'm waiting till the end of November to start it as that's when I finish my study.I look forward to seeing your progress photo's :) Barb.

Anonymous said...

go on you can do it,it really doesnt take long to get used to it Lurline and i also love your new project.xx

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm waiting to see what you are going to do with those + and X blocks. I am sewing row 9 now and have yet to see one quilt using those blocks. Why figure out that new interface...they will just change everything a few months after you do.

Julia said...

Love that design Lurline..and the new header looks great.
I din't like the new interface, but I guess we will have to change over soon or they'll do it for us..
Hugs Julia ♥

Chookyblue...... said...

looking good.........I float between both interfaces........some things are much easier in the old one.......did you want me to make it wider???

Mistea said...

Enjoy the slow and steady stitching - It really is much more productive than wasting time on the latest techy stuff.

Grethe said...

Lots of lovely stitches in the Scandinavian Rose. Good Luck,it will be great on the wall:-)

Shari said...

This is a lovely pattern and you will make it beautifully. Hope you are feeling well. I'm still on the old interface.

Jen said...

Scandinavian Rose looks really lovely. so pretty.
I don't know what interface I'm on .haha Whatever it is it's ok.

Cathy said...

I went to the new interface, but have come back to the old....better the devil you know I suppose,, haha

Julia said...

Ah yes, this text is better...
Love that design...
Julia ♥

Barb said...

Truly a wonderful quilt.