Monday, October 29, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

Shock, horror - yes, it's me! Lovely to be back after my unplanned blog break - absolutely no reason, it just happened!

 Yes, it is so lovely to have some warmer weather - talking about weather, I pray for the safety of dear friends on the east coast of USA, lets hope that nasty storm somehow goes out to sea. Don't you just love these gorgeous Seduction roses that belong to a dear friend here - Carole, your garden is just delightful!
These pics are back to front, never mind - I've started a new project by Sarah Feilke from her book From Little Things ....!   Mary, from Molly Flanders inspired me with her fabric choice, do pop over and have a look, beautiful! I think mine will be slow work as I have lots of other things on my plate.
 I went to Perth Modern Quilt Guild yesterday - thank you Girls for the lovely welcome! Wow, did they ever have some great projects under way. At the moment they are working on a challenge of making mug rugs from solids based on their logo. I whipped up a mug rug from an orphan block not knowing the full story - so now I do have a mug rug of my own at least, lol - it will be lovely to take to stitching groups.
Oopsy, new Blogger really doesn't like me! I have started experimenting with little zipper purses to gift with Christmas coming up - here's my first attempt, sort of okay and my pretty seduction roses, though humble my garden is! Let's see what happens when I sign off, which I must do - Mother to Doctor for a checkup this afternoon. For now, happy stitching!
                               









12 Lovely People said ...:

Cathy said...

Yes prayer for our East coast friends! The rose is just so pretty!!!

baukje said...

Take care and happy stitching on the new project.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, was that a break? I thought you were finishing up some of those other projects you have caused me to try heh heh!
No fair showing new things all the time.

Unknown said...

Love the mug rug!

Mistea said...

Lots of pretties here as always.
Lovely mug rug - perfect colours.
Enjoy your stitching, (oh, and your cuppa.)

Red Quilty Girl said...

Always love your blog Lurline. It was lovely to see you at Perth Modern Quilt Guild. I think your mug rug is just perfect. Janine x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Take 2

The pic below the roses intrigues me .... It looks like the beginning of an umbrella

Rachaeldaisy said...

That mug rug is a beauty!!! Lovely roses too, I bet they smell lovely!

Nedra said...

welcome back Lurline. And yes, the new blogger is hard to manuever around. I'm still figuring things out as I go along.

em's scrapbag said...

Nice to have you back. I love your mug rug!

https://quiltingatthecottae.blogspot.com/ said...

very cute, visit my blog to see the Gees Bend design. yours is way better.