Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Getting Back to Blogging!

Wow! Busy days - I really don't mind this caring so much, nor time spent with my loved ones, but it leaves me little time for Lurline. Here in the West we are still having a cold, wet winter, so time in bed
reading is just a bit nice too! That is done very late at night.

 No ... not my work, just gorgeous though! Many years ago, I received this lovely little gift from Nanette of Freda's Hive. I have made a few mugrugs as gifts and don't have one myself - so this little quilt has been with me to quilting groups on the last couple of outings - so many comments and isn't it still just so modern! Once again, so many years on, a big thank-you to Nanette - she's still a shining star!

 Little Nate! So precious to us all - we are sooo proud. Hie is now nine weeks old. His Dad is with us at the moment before flying back to Barrow Island on Saturday. Aaron is working on the Gorgon Project there and is doing a Frontline Management Course in Perth at the moment. Nate is nine weeks old now and lives in Thailand with his mum Ooy, so in true Thai tradition Aaron shaved his head while he was there - very pretty little chap so lucky he doesn't have curls, lol!
I have joined a group on Facebook 'Growing Up in Gove' and my heart has bubbled with joy at the photos and memories of our seventeen years there. Nhulunbuy, the township of Gove, is on the tip of Eastern Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory and houses the workers of a copper mine there. Gove is the home of the Australian indigenous people Yolngu. Just taking a bit of licence here to show you the beautiful white sands, blue waters, glorious sunsets - God's Country commonly known as Gove Disneyland.
I could prattle on and show lots more pics of my life then and now - however, this blog is about quilting. I'm finding Blogger seems more difficult each time I use it - perhaps I need to use some time in the wee hours studying up on Blogsy on my trusty ipad.
I hope some of you girls are able to enjoy this Post - though I'm not getting much done, quilting is still my passion - need I say secondary to my loved ones, lol! I've managed to delete my signature again, funny that, so Happy Stitching to You All - Hugs - Lurline!

5 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

i have enjoyed this post Lurline,great pics.xx

Frog Quilter said...

Great pictures. For blogging on my iPad I use an app called blogpress. Been using it for a couple of years now. Check it out.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I enjoyed this post Lurline and I love that last pic!

Mary said...

The pictures are lovely, Lurline! I hope the Blogger difficulties get better.

Bev said...

What an ADORABLE baby! Makes me want another grandbaby. My youngest will be 4 next month. They grow so quickly! Are you still making baby quilts? Agggghhh! Don't you just want to kiss that little head all over! So CUTE!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheery wave from
Bev