Saturday, July 30, 2011

How Rude!

Dear Girlfriend Robin has stitched together some big blocks of beautiful linens I have been collecting for sometime. I really want to have this 'tablecloth' quilted with straight lines and as it has to be very accurately stitched for this kind of quilting, Robin offered to put it together for me. Silly me with the injured shoulders - just another gorgeous friend of mine to the rescue! A very rude person came along and read his paper and had his coffee on it this morning - not nice! - I will be folding it up soon so thought I would show you before I whipped it away!

Another WIP - I will leave the computer and go straight to the machine to finish - let's hope it all goes together nicely. It is to become a small table topper to be donated to our local quilt group for their exhibition in September - more to show you in a day or two I hope! Have a fun weekend!

13 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

lol,thats funny Lurline hope he didnt spill anything on it

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I had a nephew try to eat his breakfast on one of my quilt tops the other day, they just don't get it do they?!!!! Gorgeous fabrics Lurline, and lovely friend. xo

Margaret said...

He has the paper opened at the right page, bless him.
Hope all goes well with the op. Did you back the table cloth? Nice bright colours, looks lovely.

Unknown said...

LOL Poor Ed...Robyn is a Good Soul for Helping Out...Send Her My Best Wishes Please....
Am Loving your WIP...
Enjoy your Stitching Time..
cheers

Shari said...

Imagine his actually thinking it was a tablecloth! Ha ha. Looks just lovely. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thinking of you.
Hugs - Shari

Julia said...

Looks lovely....Oh dear, hope no coffee was spilt on it..
Robin is lovely to do that..
Julia ♥

Pauline said...

ewwwwwww lucky for him he didnt spill I"d say...its very nice Lurline

Andi said...

Some people just never learn ;)

Liz said...

Lovely to hear from you again Lurline, if I hadn't had lunch on one of your gorgeous quilts myself I'd be shocked at Ed having coffee on there..! I've been using some of my quilts on the table ever since and I just love that they are used and appreciated every day..
Lizzie
xxx

Julie Fukuda said...

Lucky for you, the King-of-the-Spills lives at my house. Oh that is so pretty!

Margaret said...

What a sweet friends, and a rude somebody. lol! Glad he didn't spill! Love the WIP! Hope it goes together well!

JudyCinNC said...

I love using my quilts on my round table. Doesn't matter if the quilt is square or oblong, I just use them anyway. Beautiful work. Is Ed still trainable? He just needs to be told what he can and cannot put on the table while said quilt occupies the space. LoL Judy C sends her best

Kim said...

Oh what a sweet idea...love the table cloth and so did Ed he just wanted to sit and enjoy it!

Happy sewing