Saturday, July 23, 2011

Popping In!

Yes, hello again - even though I haven't achieved much in the way of stitching, things are progressing nicely. I have started a little project - thank you badskirt for the inspiration! I will tell you more about it when I get more done and hopefully that will be today. This is really fun to do, so I am hoping all the lattices line up when stitched together!The second circle of my Circle Project - I wasn't happy with the background on the one in front - it was losing the star effect - so last night I reverse sewed and am now ready to put the petals back on a more significant background - I'm really enjoying this - simple applique - I'm hoping to make a nine-block quilt! Just a couple of fabrics I bought from Funky Fabrix in Brisbane - just love that little white one - cute little girls - oh, there is so many beautiful fabrics about!



I won the Mumma to this orchid in a raffle a few years ago - she has been divided up and blooming beautifully at the moment - a little bit of cheery colour in the wet, cold weather!




Things are moving along with Ed - the big operation is scheduled for 5 August - a double bypass and replacement aortic valve - I'm trying to fatten him up and the doctor said he must exercise to regain a bit of strength before the big day - goody! now he can empty bins, unpack dishwasher, feed the dogs, lol! More sewing time for me! No, not really - it has all been a big scare and I mustn't be blase about it!

Dear Louise has a big birthday today and we celebrated with the Girlfriends! at guild on Tuesday - Happy Birthday, Louise! Off to organize to sew now!

19 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

lovely post Lurline and i wish Ed well with his op.

Monica said...

Well it looks like you've been keeping busy. I love the applique circle...very cute!

I hope all goes well with Ed's surgery. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts.

Julia said...

Great post Lurline...so nice to see you getting some sewing time..love the new project.

Best wishes for Ed's op..It will be so good to have it over with and you and the family can put this all behind you!.
Hugs Julia ♥

Mistea said...

Your little starts are gorgeous - that lattice project looks amazing as do those circles.
Enjoy your time in the sewing room.
Good luck in getting Ed ready for his OP - wishing you all the best for future health.

Julie Fukuda said...

Youe projects are looking lovely. Those circles look like a lot of work to me. The orchid is just beautiful too.
Sending best wishes your way as Ed's big day nears.

Unknown said...

Love the Look of your Lattice blocks...All the Best to Ed for his Op I'm sure everything will be just Fine..
Nice to see you are getting a Little Time Out...
Take Care
xx

Unknown said...

Forgot to say Your Orchids are Just Gorgeous!!
cheers

antique quilter said...

nice to see your keeping busy.
love those blocks, thats a great print your using for the lattices
I am happy to see your sewing , keeping you busy and productive!
Will continue to keep you and Ed in my thoughts go bake some cookies !
kathie

Betsy said...

Lurline, you always have the best projects. I especially love the circle one with the petals. Do you know if that is a pattern I can get in the USA and if so can you share the name? I wish Ed the best during his operation.
Lots of hugs.

Margaret said...

Those lattice blocks are wonderful! Love the circle game blocks too! Good new fabrics. Keeping Ed and you both in my thoughts and prayers for good results and quick recovery. (I'm like Fiesta -- I'd love to get that Circle Game. Fabrics and all. lol!)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Looks like you have the hang of that first project from badskirt. I tried it, but my piecing lacks and I couldn't get anything to match. Love your circle applique. Is there a pattern? My prayers to Ed for a speedy recovery.

Nedra said...

I will be sending prayers your way on August 5th. Beautiful fabrics in your latest projects.

JudyCinNC said...

Loved every part of your post today and so glad that you are keeping busy during this hectic time. Beautiful circle blocks and was interested in knowing the pattern name. Sending you strength to help through the operation. Judy C in NC

Andi said...

loving all your stitching lurline!!
all the best for ed's op
andi xx

Miriam said...

Beautiful projects, Lurline.
Love your orchid! I have one of a similar colour, but it is still buds at the moment.
All the best for Ed and his operation.
A belated Happy Birthday to Louise!

Gari in AL said...

All the best to both you and Ed. I remember when my father had his quadrupal by-pass operation, he felt so much better after it. I truly pray the same for Ed.

Bev C said...

Hello Lurline,

Love your circle project,very interesting.

Good luck and best wishes and lots of prayers for Ed's operation.
Happy Monday
Bev.xoxo

Kim said...

Can you get out and walk with Ed everyday before his surgery? It will be your job to continue that walking for his rehab.
He's getting a second chance. You and Ed will be in our prayers, I wish you both all the best.

Happy sewing, keep those hands busy.

Nanette Merrill said...

wow amazing work