Wednesday, December 5, 2012

No Name Yet!

So far, so good. This has been  an enjoyable quilt to organize and stitch - it is now being basted and then the long haul to quilt with Perle thread.  .......and, I'm not happy - my computer has been fiddled, then onto my printer. The photo editor can't do her job properly either, but I must take the blame for that!

 This pattern comes from the book 3-fabric quilts, nice inspiration there! The floral is Lilly Belle, the orangey/pink from Anna Marie Horner's Field Study range. I have ordered some Valdani Perle 8 to do the quilting, I'll let you know if I see any significant difference. I usually use Finca Presencia or DMC.
Most places in Australia are starting to warm up, poor Queensland suffering heat and fires. My heart goes out to you over there. Happy quilting to you all, I guess we are all so busy now with Christmas around the corner.

8 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome Lurline,love the colours.xx

Bronwyn said...

very very simple but quite mesmerising! 'Flower Boxes' comes to my mind.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Well--we had spring here on the east coast of the states--
yesterday and winter today--go figure????
Your quilt is delightful-
Hugs,Di and miss gracie

the running chicken quilting said...

Beautiful colours!! On a really cold and frosty day here in the UK it brightens everything up!

Unknown said...

Looks like "Post its" great colour choices. it is hot hot hot in Florida...not complaining, just saying.

Browndirtcottage said...

Your 'no name' looks pretty cool!!!

I also like your Girly quilt in previous post!

Carin said...

That is looking great, love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Lurline, I just happened to get on your site and boy was I surprised. I live in New York in the U.S. My Mom's name is Lurline!!! I don't know if it's a common name in your area, but it's very unusual here. Just had to say hello.