Friday, February 1, 2013

One Little Project!



Though the sewing room is so messy, it was just so lovely to be in 'my little corner of the world' - and I have made my little thread catcher, so I shouldn't be kicked out of Donna's Stitch-Along though one day late. The little design is from the book Red Home by Natalie Bird - practical and fun!
I must now check to see what to do for February.
 
Yesterday was a doozy! Mum and I went to the doctor for scripts and a checkover and to cut a long story short, as I was trying to get Mum into the car from the wheelchair she fell straight back and hit the back of her head on the bitumen. An ambulance was in the vicinity and after much screaming and yelling people came from everywhere to assist. Straight back to the doctor we went, big egg on the back of Mum's head, otherwise found to be undamaged after a thorough check. Mum was badly shaken - me, well there is nothing a beautiful, refreshing Mojito can't fix. Late to bed last night and I slept like a baby - how can I pretend it was all so easy? - life's challenges, I guess, lol!
 
Happy Day everyone!


11 Lovely People said ...:

Noela said...

Oh how terrible for your Mum and you. Glad she was okay and you too after your drink. Hugs....

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chookyblue...... said...

cute thread catcher and welcome to the SAL..........sorry to hear about your Mum's fall........glad she is ok........

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh my gosh!! What a huge scare for you!! Lucky everything was okay. I love your thread catcher. That orange fabric with the blue bird is a favourite.

Jen said...

Glad your Mum is ok after her fall. A fright for you .A good stiff drink was needed after all that trauma.
A pretty thread catcher.

Rosa said...

Sweet thread catcher.Great your mum is better!

Liz said...

So glad your Mum is okay, it's never easy is it? Lovely little thread catcher Lurline...I'm hoping to be back in WA early August as Sarah has moved back to Waikiki and is expecting a baby end of July, so a trip coming up...
Lizzie
xxx

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Love your tread catcher. Glad you mums ok. No nice to have a scare like that

willywagtail said...

OOO! Poor Mum. I was talking to an old lady today - probably in her eighties - who laughingly admitted than when she was younger she had no idea of what it felt like to be old and ignored. I sure hope your Mum is feeling happier soon. I've cheekily sent you an email with a little attachment. Hope you enjoy it. Cherrie

Jeanne said...

Must have been very scary! Glad your mum wasn't seriously hurt. Seeing the doctor can be a hazard to your health! ♥

Nanette Merrill said...

What a nightmare! i'm so sorry. That is awful. The bag is lovely. Wish it was mine.