Sunday, September 22, 2013

Turning Over a New Leaf!

Happy Day! I'm going to achieve a lot today - sort out technical problems, starting with clearing my desk an equipment and putting barbed wire around it so no one can venture into MY SPACE!

 Lots going on stitching-wise these days, so even if I post a bit of nonsense each day for perhaps a week, maybe I will develop some good practices. That commitment being made, let's start ... this little quilt all ready to go to Nate's new little cousin in Thailand.
 I just love the binding fabric and these clips too - no more pricked fingers and little spots of blood to remove. Now, I'm not messing about or I will lose the pic below - I'm thrilled with my new rose below. It is Brass Band and I love, love, love it - saw it as a forthcoming release about ten years ago in Brisbane. It sure lives up to its name! Happy stitching girls!

12 Lovely People said ...:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous quilt Lurline...and your rose is beautiful....

Deb said...

Gorgeous quilt and beautiful rose Lurline. What are the clips you are using on your binding, they look fabulous?

Laura said...

haha i like the barbed wire idea. wonder if that would keep the dogs out?

Gina said...

Love the fabrics you've used in that very sweet quilt ! In my sewing room, it's only my own untidiness to blame ! I wish I could say that it was the fault of somebody else . I've been trying to get some order today . Lovely rose , by the way .

Joan said...

Love watching your post Lurline :)

Karen H said...

What a lovely post! I understand why you love, love, love Brass Band. It is beautify flower. The little quilt is adorable. I love, love, love the colours and simplicity of the blocks. A perfect gift for a little child.

I'm with Gina as far as the sewing room goes! The mess in there is entirely of my own making! sigh

Mistea said...

Sweet quilt for a wee girl.
Love the bright rose.
Enjoy your sewing space.

Soggibottom said...

Thailand is near to Cambodia I know it is.
Clearing space is a good thing, except for squirrels who tend to put back all that they hoard ;-)
I am always in awe of such beautiful masters of cotton thread and material :-) You are on my number one list. shh... don't tell every one :-) x x x

Sue-Anne said...

I like the idea of the sorting out space and roping it off with barbed wire!

Your baby quilt is gorgeous and I love your rose, the colours are magnificent.

Julia said...

Lovely sweet baby quilt Lurline.
Beautiful rose, I've just about given up on my roses, the bugs are loving them more than me right now!
Take care.
Julia ♥

Elaine Adair said...

Best of luck with stamina and enthusiasm! Perhaps I'll catch it????

Nanette Merrill said...

Now that is my kind of quilt.