Sunday, October 5, 2008

Down Under QUILTS!

Hello again this weekend ... just after I had done my weekend post on Friday, I picked up the latest issue of Down Under QUILTS ... and there it was ... my Girlie Pinwheels Quilt, beautifully displayed on Page 11 and also an insert on the front cover. I am feeling really thrilled about this and would like to thank Lorraine (Moran - Editor) for chasing me up! I really had fun making this quilt - just loved playing with the black and white combined with pastels - somehow it all works! And of course - perhaps my Signature Block, pinwheels!

Maybe Lorraine is peeking at my blog ... if so congratulations, Lorraine! Lorraine was inducted ito the Hall of Fame receiving the Quilt & Craft Award of Excellence 2008.

Also in this issue, we get to Meet a Quilter , Helen Stubbings. Helen has a delightful blog, Hugs'n'Kisses - do pop by - a lovely blog to visit and Helen has put a lot of hard work into our Stitcher's Angel Swap - thanks, Helen!


Girlfriend Kris is not feeling well! This photo was taken in Macy's, San Francisco last October. She was certainly well then - after the long flight fron Perth/Australia to San Francisco we headed straight for Macy's Estee Lauder counter. Why? ... because we could and also Estee Lauder products are almost double the price in Australia!

What fun that whole trip was ... get well soon, Girlfriend!

A little gift to cheer Kris up - notebook and jasmine soap from Thailand, pincushion by This little Black Duck and of course the current copy of DUQ.

Not much sewing is getting done here - hope you are all having a lovely weekend - hugs!

11 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Well you cheeky girl not saying a word,vbg.
I love that quilt and will have to go and get the magazine asap.

hugs
Christine

Myra said...

Well, imagine that!? Lurline's adorable little quilt featured in a quilting magazine! How wonderful is that!!! Wow! Good for you!!! I shall have to hunt one down for myself and tell all my buddies that I exchange words with this lovely lady!!! 8-)
Sure hope your friend is feeling better soon... What lovely little gifties you are bringing to her... Very nice!
Take care!

Kate Quilts said...

I was a DUQ cover girl once. It's a good feeling, isn't it? Congratulations, the quilt is lovely! :o)

Julia said...

Congratulations Lurline!.
Gorgeous quilt and well deserving of a front cover, must go and get myself that magazine...
Hugs

antique quilter said...

congrats!
I will have to find a copy of that magazine here.
Love your quilt, adorable.
hope your friend feels better soon.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on getting your quilt published!! Even before I read the writing I was attracted to the quilt. The black against the pastels really 'zings' and it looked fresh and appealing :)

Candace said...

Congratulations, Lurline. I'll bet it's the nicest quilt in the magazine. The pastels and the little black and white pinwheels really are unique and wonderful. I am going to check and see if I can find that magazine over here.
Your gifts should cheer your friend up very well. What a nice selection and given with love.

TMQG said...

HI Lurline, congrats on your quilt in the mag and thanks for your nice comments on Scquilters. Havent seen it yet so waiting to see what they wrote
Helen

em's scrapbag said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome. The quilt looks wonderful. Hope your friend is feeling better soon also.

Cornfield Quilter said...

Congratulations! I now can say I know a quilting celeberty! :D

Nanette Merrill said...

Lurline that quilt is so incredibly cute. I love the unexpected black/white with the pastel!! It is so darling. I would never have thought it would look like that. I really do like this quilt very much. I wonder if this magazine is sold in the US? Good for you! Your blog is always so fun to look at.