Thursday, April 29, 2010

'Bye, 'Bye Sling!

It's gone - whew! - that was a long 6 weeks! I think I must be my doctor's favourite patient, he's very happy. Implant, muscle and tendon repair - a couple of months of exercises, and I'm sure I can cope with that - whoopee! I can drive my car again - tentatively, but I'll get there taking it sure and steady!

Hmmm, very bulky and restricting wasn't it?

I have been burning the candle at both ends, feeling a bit low and last night I thought it through and decided to have a blog break to get away from the computer and seriously into stitching again. Now, this morning after another computer interruption I looked at my Outlook Express Inbox and thought ' this is where part of the trouble lies!' - so many gorgeous Comments and I have read and loved them all, could I just once again be excused from making Replies? - I'm so unhappy about this - I just feel I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel if I don't get off to a new start - also, I have done so much browsing and not Commented, so please forgive me. This is so much a part of my life and I'd like to carry on if possible - there we go, hope it is okay to carry on! I've also unsubscribed to quite a few sites!

See my sidebar - this is the first edition of Fat Quarterly - PDF Download AU$8 - the whole 79 pages of it, must say I am impressed! I particularly love One Flew Over Kate's Windows and Frames Quilt - stunningly simple and the quilting is just amazing - congratulations Kate! Also, please visit Allison on Cluck.Cluck.SEW if you would like more eye-candy!

Though I haven't used a lot of her fabrics, must say I am a real Amy Butler fan - look at the free patterns I have stumbled across - love them!

I must be the oldest 'groupie' in the world - still love a handsome face and big muscular arms - my first I-Wish man was James Dean and second Patrick Swayze.

The reason for my late nights - I have been re-watching the miniseries North and South and loving it as much as the first time around. I have been so fortunate to visit the east coast of the USA and learn so much about the Civil War! Those beautiful plantations and antebellum homes!
I have always been so impressed the way the United States has preserved its history and am very pleased to see Australia has gone that way, too

Yuk, messy! My Studio - will I be able to tidy the mess? - as you can see, I have been able to pull boxes out and scatter fabrics everywhere. Let's hope I can put a bit of law and order into the place and family might help my put the boxes away again, lol! I've also had a big morning this morning and feel I am getting on top of everything in quite a few ways!
Off to have some lunch and into the mess - thank you for being so understanding, I'm just sorry I have let it get to this stage and shall try really hard to keep up with it all now!

33 Lovely People said ...:

Liz said...

Oh Lurline, so glad that the sling has gone and that you can start to regain strength and control again, don't let all that thinking of Patrick Swayze wear you out ;o)
Also don't feel that you must reply to my comments, just ease back into things at your own pace. Enjoy some sewing, sit back and take it easy....
Lizzie
xxx

Miriam said...

I'm glad you don't need that sling any more.

I agree it is easy to spend lots of time on the computer.
I hope you can get lots of stitcjing done.

Melinda said...

You've taught me something. I had to google antibellum. I had no idea what it meant.

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hey missie, don't be so hard on yourself, life happens we all know that! Just take things easy one day at a time we know your fingers will be tip tapping flat out before long.
hugs - Miche'le

Julia said...

It must feel so good to have the sling off!
Ease back into the swing of things Lurline...you'll be back sewing in no time..
Hugs Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

Glad the sling is off, Lurline don't worry about answering all comments, just enjoy for a while and we all understand

hugs
Christine

Jossie said...

So good to read that the doctor is very satisfied with you. Take it easy and don't worry about the mails. You better take up the things you couldn't do the last few months and enjoy them!

Sue-Anne said...

Congratulations on being rid of the sling! As everyone else has said, don't worry about replying, we all get overwhelmed at times and you have to do what is best for you.

Nedra said...

Of course you don't need to respond to all those e-mails and comments. We understand! I'm impressed you could blog at all with surgery, the sling, etc.
Congratulations on a new start! Yea! No more sling!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

No reply is necessary at all Lurline...the sling is off that is the best news..now to get a bit stronger and then we will be wowed again with your creations...

Deb said...

Wahoo Lurline, you will feel like a free woman without your sling. As far as blogland goes, just go with the flow, no-one minds at all.
I absolutely adore the quilt on the wall in your sewing room, beautiful
hugs Deb

Adele said...

At last the sling has gone. Wont take long before your into the swing of things and show us some of your gorgeous guilts.

Adele xx

Terry said...

Congratulations on being done with the sling! Have fun with your sewing! :0)

Margaret said...

Huge congratulations on the sling going bye bye! I definitely understand your feeling overwhelmed by all the online stuff. Take a break -- everyone understands. It's hard to keep up! And I do think you need to get back into lovely quiltingness to make yourself feel like yourself again. Relax, indulge, treat yourself to a day of nothing but quilting! Or several days! lol! Enjoy yourself. Get that shoulder back to normal! We'll be here for you when you're ready to blog again!

Joy said...

Oh I'm so glad to see you're able to lose the sling ;o)!!! Now don't you be worrying about answering comments, I'm always happy just to see what you've been up to ... and to see that you're ok :o). Just take all the time you need to recuperate properly!!
By the way ... I love that pink and green star on your wall - so pretty!!
You take care now :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Lurline, you know I'm a firm believer in Comment Amnesty when necessary. Rock on!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the sling coming off...know what you mean too about the computer..we have to be very disciplined otherwise we'd never get anything done..
cheers

Mary Grace McNamara said...

So happy to hear you are free once again Lurline! I remember when North and South aired as a mini series the first time. My husband and I were both taking night classes at Boston University and would rush home to catch the evening's installment! Good show!

MGM

Barb said...

No....I loved little Joe on Bonaza....totally loved him....my sister loved David Cassidy...hummm am I dating myself too??

Nat Palaskas said...

I'm glad you got rid of the sling. You did very well to try and keep up Lurline. I hope you are not going anywhere. I will miss you. Just take it easy and look after your shoulder - Hus Nat

Grethe said...

Glad to hear the sling has come off. Difficult when we are into handcraft,and just "sit there"
Lovely sewingroom, I must really tidy up mine.
Happy Quilting to you :-)

sharon said...

Glad your arm is out of that sling! Have fun with your fabrics and take a break from the computer. Health and sanity must come first! Sharonj.

One Flew Over said...

Great to hear you are feeling better Lurline! Thank you for supporting our first issue, am thrilled you like the quilt!

Chookyblue...... said...

good news on the arm losing the sling........well done..........

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

You look after yourself Lurline, especially now that sling is gone! We all need a break from the computer, it can be so time consuming. I hope you get some great stitching time xo

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Good to see your arm is getting better. No need to reply, just want to enjoy your beautiful creations. Happy stitching

Gari in AL said...

Don't you dare reply to this! Go slow, take your time, and enjoy the freedom you have finally achieved.

Jeanne said...

That's great news, Lurline! Now don't overdue. :-)
I loved Patrick Swayze, too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting rid of the Sling! toni xxx

Janet said...

We're an understanding lot and I know you love to get the comments even though you can't reply.
I'm glad to hear your mending so well. Have fun with the sewing.

Micki said...

So happy for you that the swing came off. I know you will have loads of plans!
Micki

Soggibottom said...

Think most people feel the same Lurline, don't feel bad. Get better though and looks like you took a big step with getting rid of the splint.
Keep it up x x x

Mel said...

OH MY GOSH LURLINE!! I'm watching North and South right NOW!! Great minds think a like!!