Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Weekend!

Hope you all have a fun time - I still haven't tested my sewing skills to any degree, so I really have nothing new and exciting to show you!

I have been doing lots of browsing and that in itself is fun - lots of bright, fresh ideas out there! I did have a lovely day last Tuesday at Diane's with Girlfriends! Pattie brought along a jar of yummy cookies - now how good is this? - what a way to 'bring along a plate' - all adorned in a beautiful red spotted ribbon!

Hmmm, here's me whingeing about wanting/needing a new camera! I think this glorious plant has photographed pretty well with my a la cheapie Canon Ixus 70 - it was a dull, drizzly day and the plant was on a darkish front porch and I was out on the footpath! Now, just maybe, I should be spending my money on lots more beautiful fabrics for one-day, lol!
Happy stitching!

11 Lovely People said ...:

Liz said...

Nothing wrong with those shot's Lurline, beautiful plant. Have a restful weekend, soon be over and you'll be back to sewing....!!!

Margaret said...

You always take beautiful pictures -- but I know what you mean about wanting a new camera. Don't we always want a new camera? lol! Have a great weekend! Hope you're back to sewing soon!

Sue-Anne said...

Your photos look great! That plant looks really healthy and I love the jar of cookies!

em's scrapbag said...

Love the red poka dotty bow! I'm sure it made the cookies taste even better.

Chookyblue...... said...

maybe play with the settings on your point and shoot more and pull the best out of it..........love the pot photo.....

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Fabric always win and has to come in first--especially if there is a working camera already on duty!!!!
Your pictures are lovely--I love taking plant pictures and I love seeing plant pictures on other blog site--so thanks--
Hugs, Di

qltmom9 said...

Lurline,
I hope you don't mind. I did a row of girls similar to those in your header for my girlfriend. 6 of us sew together and we are doing row robins for each other. Her row from me has 6 girls and one on the end waving, then hearts on each side of the girls. She'll delight in it (it's a secret 'til Christmas).
Thank you for SO much inspiration.~

Lucy

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love your pictures, go for fabric!!!

candy immink said...

Hi Lurline, glad to read that all went well. You blow me away with what you achieve even with a 'bung' shoulder. I wish I could spend more time in your company soaking up your knowledge and enthusism. You'll be back on the needle in no time. Cheers and keep smiling

Pauline said...

Hi Lurline, think the shots are great...yes you need to make sure you are all mended before you go sewing again...cheers

Unknown said...

You take lovely pictures, cheapy camera or not!