Friday, April 9, 2010

I've Got The Blues!

Auditioning! Oh, I think they will be perfect!

Rita's Flying Geese - colour selection as above 'blue' - maybe I will get this whole quilt out of my stash! Maybe I will have to solicit some help with the rotary cutter. I so admire the simplicity of Rita's quilts, she is a true artist and knows when finished is finished - do you know what I mean? Check out her straight line quilting - so beautiful!
Again, my best little friends have spent the day with me - how lucky can a girl get! I must admit the boredom is setting in a bit - no, no, must not let it! I've had little rays of sunshine here and there and it doesn't take a lot to brighten my day! Lots of lovely fat-quarter gifts and little surprises - thank you all!

I'm on a mission - long story - the pic of the little angel I showed you before I went to hospital is being enlarged and made into a canvas - seems like I'm not the only one who loves it so much! My mission? - I badly want an SLR digital camera - Canon? - I would appreciate ANY comments or advice - a whim and a luxury? Well, maybe! DH has become The Opposition!
Happy weekend!
Hugs - Lurline♥

12 Lovely People said ...:

Sue-Anne said...

Your blues look wonderful all stacked together. Sorry, I can't help with the camera but will be interested to see what you end up with. It seems that the best pictures in blogland are taken with an SLR. I am amazed at the quality of some of the photos I see. Have you seen Lizzie's blog (nanalizzie.blogspot.com). She has taken the most amazing photos at the zoo with her camera.

Unknown said...

Lurline I love your blues !

Janet said...

Lovely quilt coming up I think. Make a list of all the features you want in a camera and go shopping.

antique quilter said...

oh love the blues!
it will be a happy quilt with those blues!
go for it and YES challenge yourself to make it only from your stash
that includes asking friends to send you pieces of Kaffes blues!!!!
thats ok :)
Kathie

Chookyblue...... said...

oh you know how much I LOVE blues...........and I also LOVE my Canon EOS 400D......

Unknown said...

I think the SLR is a good choice..Glad to hear you are on the mend with your shoulder...Take Care
cheers

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lovely perwinkle-ish shades. Daughter's bedroom walls are that shade. LOVE it! These will make a gorgeous quilt.

Soggibottom said...

Spoil yourself and get a new camera.
x x x

Liz said...

Lurline, I love those blues, it's a long time since I made a blue quilt and I do love them so! They are simply adorable. Wish I was closer, I would happily come and rotary for you, what bliss working with blues :o)
As you know I use a Nikon DSLR and I love it, I know others who swear by their Canons but I believe Olympus brought out a nice little SLR a year or two ago. A little smaller than the big Nikons and Canons but still with interchangable lenses. Perhaps a compromise with DH? Check it out, Olympus is a really good brand...
Have a great week
Lizzie
xxx

Maggey and Jim said...

I too think the blues are good, really nice togeter. And that angel is a doll, great pic.Hope you get your camera.. We have an old Olympus that we have had for 30 years,it has been the best.. Not a digital but letting you know about the name..
Maggey

Deb said...

gorgeous blues Lurline. And the kids - they look just like you!

John'aLee said...

Lurline...it's not often that I take the time to scroll through someone's blog and read several of their posts. You know how 'time' goes....but yours drew me in! You are a fascinating and inspiring lady!
I'm a new fan and follower!