Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Joie de Vivre Returning!

There's a light at the end of the tunnel - only one more week to go and then, fingers crossed, my sling comes off. Here's a few more blocks I have found from GT&SB and I know there is another cutie hiding somewhere ...


And how about this? Another block partly prepared - not a great achievement, but still a little progress!

I've had two lovely days out and about - odds and ends on Monday, our State Guild on Tuesday and Secret Quilters in the evening. Lovely to get with all the girls again! Then when I arrived home Battle Hymn had just started - DH enjoys Fox Classics - now usually I pooh-pooh them! - watched it all the way through and felt like I was watching a chick-flick - a few little tears and nobody, nobody can convince me Rock Hudson was not heterosexual - he must have acquired Aids from a blood transfusion - such a beautiful, sensitive, gentle man, lol! - sorry you young ones, out of your league and I so rarely reminisce! For all Aussie fans of Patrick Swayze, North and South starts on Foxtel next week , my all time favourite I-Wish Man - loved the miniseries, too!

Oh, dear not often I ramble - love these little Darlings and think maybe I can substitute a block in GT&SB - can I manage a start?

Lastly for today - I have been managing a little Perle quilting on Dino - he must be happy that a finish is not too far away!
I'm off now!

29 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Loved your post and all the eye candy hang in there and you soon will be stitching, the dino is so very cute

cheers
Christine

wishes, true and kind said...

Oooooo. Lots of little bits of eye candy today. Love those hexies especially!

Liz said...

Lovely to hear that you're on the improve Lurline and I fully agree with your theory of Rock Hudson :o) .......sigh!!
Have a great week,
Lizzie
xxx

Nat Palaskas said...

I must have missed your post somewhere about you still got a sling on? You seemed to be doing well with it though, but it will be nice to have it off, right? This quilt is such a happy looking colour, I love it - Hugs Nat

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous stuff! love that GTASB, the spools 7 that oh so cute dinosaur!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

I love the dinosaur! Great colours.

Sue-Anne said...

Ha ha! My mother still refuses to believe that Rock Hudson was gay!

Glad to see you have been doing a little bit of sewing and sound a lot happier. Good luck with the sling removal next week. I love those blocks from your GTASB - the fabrics are wonderful and I am fascinated with the little apple core quilts I have seen in blogland. I am looking forward to watching your progress with it.

Sue said...

So much to see and do. Lots of stitching AND time to watch movies. I'm impressed.

Barb said...

Love all your projects, material and especially the dino...

Meredith said...

I love all of the material in your photos. Dino is so very cute. Good news on the sling!

Terry said...

Glad to see you doing a bit of handwork Lurline! Everything looks great! You'll be good as new in no time! :o)

By Hoki Quilts said...

Oooo I bet you are just itching to get stitchin'. Good luck for next week, hope it all goes well
hugs
Miche'le

Mistea said...

Dino is looking quite smug there - probably because he knows the end is near.

Hey, good luck with the arm/shoulder - don't overdo it!

Vicki ♥ said...

Hi Lurline and so glad the time is getting close for you to have that sling off :) Loved looking at all your pictures and the dragon is looking very special :)

Margaret said...

Oh I love seeing all your WIPs! They're wonderful! I bet you're looking forward to getting the sling off!

Debbie said...

I just love your sense of color. Reading your blog makes me want to stitch for sure and create. Thanks for sharing.

Sherri said...

Absolutely love the hexagons and the applique' block ready to stitch...the fabrics are just sooo wonderful!

Unknown said...

I Think you're doing a Great Job considering..Love all your little Bits & Pieces getting done & Dino is so Cute...one week to go...Great News for You.!!
cheers

Rhonda said...

Great post...love everything especially the hexagons.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I want to make it all with you--are you ready yet???? Love all the pictures--you are almost done with it all--time goes fast---
Hugs, Di

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oooooo I love what you showed today. You have such great taste in fabirc, I just love how you put colors together. One more week, but you really have gotten quite a bit done anyway!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog - what a lovely blog! That dinosaur is just darling, and the fabrics you use for your projects are simply gorgeous.

Cathi said...

Oh, how I love your hexagons and apple core fabrics! Gorgeous!!

Barb said...

I love the all the lively colors of your current project. I've always liked the apple core - your is going to be beautiful

Terry said...

Like being in a sweet shop. So much to choose from. No wonder your anticipating next week.
Enjoy the day .

aussiequilter said...

glad to see you are getting back to yourself again-hope all goes well at the Drs next week.Just love the colours you are using in your Bom cheers Teri

Karen said...

You have lots of pieces and parts there. All will come together and you will have wonderful projects done.

*karendianne. said...

Gosh I enjoyed this post, Lurline. Your "voice" and your lovely work all pulled together to make me smile! Delightfully yours, *karendianne.

Nanette Merrill said...

Your fabric and shapes just draw me right in! Love them.