Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Just a little sneak-peek - yes, Mary, I'm slowly getting there. I guess we are all having busy days, I went to Garden City shopping yesterday, fighting rain, storms and the crowds, sosd no stitching llast night!
Just a little to do on the binding now, maybe a little hand quilting and trhen it will bee on the big silver bird!Below - here she is my Bluebell - a zoom-soom Mazda3. A very nice car to drive, so let's hope she keeps me and all safe!

Last night my twin grandchildren went on a river cruise to see out the end of Year 10 at school. I think most of you know I have twins and both my daughters have twins - all boys and girls - so here's the 15 year olds. I can hear you saying 'Oh my gosh!'
So gorgeous and I'm so proud of them!
This was the third attempt at shopping for Ayesha's dress - of course she wanted black and to wear very, very high heels - I must say I had more to say than my two bobs worth. I think Angela and I did very well to win that battle. Ayesha does have curly hair, but Angela, a former hairdresser, did spend more than two hours on it with the curling tongs. Oh, I do hope they had a fun evening!
Lazy day here today, and now I'm off to buy ingredients for a Christmas cake, some of which I will take to our Christmas Party at my local RPWG. Ta-ta for now!

15 Lovely People said ...:

Jan Maree said...

I have twins who had their year ten formal this year too - amazing to see them both so grown up! Amazing! Yours are lovely! So glad I have boys when I saw the girls all dressed up - they look so grown up!

Julie Fukuda said...

Love the beautiful blue car, adore the quilt, and, being a twin myself, gotta love that picture! I can't imagine myself being allowed to get that dressed up in High School ... and my own daughter had to make her own party dress. ( I was just cutting scraps from that into my quilt two days ago).

Shari said...

The kids look gorgeous! Hope they had a great time before the weather hit! And love the new car... and a pretty colour too. Are you really going to call her Bluebell? Seems very apt.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What a blessed duo to have you as their nan!!
Ayesha looks gorgeous in the dress - yes, much nicer than black. Obviously good looks run in your family, Lurline! :-)
Hugs
Jenny
xxx

Julia said...

The twins look gorgeous..lovely choice of dress.
Congrats on the new car!
Julia ♥

Margaret said...

Oh that quilt is gorgeous! I love the fabrics! And twins! All twins?! Wow! Cute 15 year olds! Nice car too! Stay safe!

Terry said...

Love the car! Congratulations! :0)

em's scrapbag said...

Your quilt is looking lovely. Your grandchildren stunning.

Unknown said...

Lovely Quilt and Photo of your Beautiful Grandies...
Have Fun in Bluebell she is Gorgeous.
Take Care
xx

Abby and Stephanie said...

Gorgeous "kids!" Love the colors in your quilt.

Anonymous said...

They have growing up in to two beautiful people, you must be proud.
Love the dress and Ayesha's hair.....

Take care hugs
Christine

safe driving....

Soggibottom said...

Don't they grow up fast :-) :-)
We know, ours, is hum... a certain age and add ten :-)
Hyundi :-) But that car looks smart too :-) x x x x

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Oh your quilt is just gorgeous!!! Love the colors and you are coming along very well!! Your grandkids are adorable too!! Oh I wish I was in Australia - looks alot warmer and sunnier there!! Cold and rainy here and winter hasn't even begun yet for us - we still have one more week and then Winter will be here!!!!! Good Luck in your new car and God Bless You too!!! Hugs, Mary

Jen said...

How precious are our grandchildren,A lovely photo to cherish. Your quilt is just beautiful and the colours are so fresh and bright.
Love the new car.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Boy, your family is 'Twin Heavy" like mine. My paternal grandmother had 5 sets of boy-girl twins and I have twin sisters. I really wanted twins, but God knew better. My grandmother's twins (oldest, born in 1921) weighed no less than 8 pounds each. Your twins are beautiful.
Merry Christmas