Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hello, Hello!

Let's hope I can talk to all you, Dear Friends! Yes, it has been a long time - lots of things have been happening and I am now being challenged with a new computer who knows lots of different things to what I do, so I will try to post while I can - please let me, lol!
 
Oh, I know seems like the text is centred, too - never mind! Now to what'sbeen happening - I went to a retreat at Toodyay last weekend, still a bit sore and sorry for myself, but it was really lovely and I did get some sewing done. Lovely company, hospitality comfort and food, couldn't be better!

The block above is one of the two blocks I have done -what a Dummy, it has been the only pic I could resize and that took me ages to jag - it is a 16" block using templates by Sue Ross. It is quite intricate and requires a little patience, but I am really happy with it.

Of course like everyone else, I am busy finishing Christmas pressies -  a lot of fun, just wish I wasn't so pressed for time! My New Years resolutions will be a veeery long list for 2012. I'm so looking forward to moving forward and hopefully enjoying every little thing - I must have been a very wicked girl in my previous life!

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend - stitching, enjoying festivities! I will show you my new car soon - lots of good fun buying new things, but very time-consuming!

13 Lovely People said ...:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Our computer fried its motherboard three weeks ago and we just got a new one, as well. Challenges..oh my goodness! Does yours have a mind of its own and you can't find where you left anything or is it just me ;) Lovely to hear from you again and see all of your pretties!!!

Anne said...

Ah, gotta love technology. :0) Hope your soreness goes away very soon, so you can get back to enjoying life again properly. Your block is very eye catching, well done :0). I am refusing to believe Christmas is almost here - not in the groove at all yet, but will have to be soon I guess.

Julie Fukuda said...

I love your block. I am expecting a new computer to come my way soon. At least my son has set it up for me and it will speak my language. Other than that ... who knows? I have a new "smart phone" that is way smarter than I am. Horrors!

Shari said...

Your block looks great! But all those pieces. Very patient. Hope to see you Tuesday.

Margaret said...

I'm glad you got to go to a retreat. You definitely deserve a treat! Sorry about the computer and the soreness. Hopefully you'll be feeling back to normal very soon, and you and the new computer will get used to each other too. I love your quilt block! So pretty!

Nedra said...

Retreats are so therapudic. So glad to know you felt well enough to go. Lovely colors in your block.

Barb said...

I would love to go to a retreat....yep, so much to do and so little time.

Kim said...

Glad to see you up and running not only on the computer, but body and soul. Thank goodness we have all discovered the healing powers of needle and thread and the connective magic of the internet.
G'day to you my friend down under and Happy sewing, holidays and healing.

Chookyblue...... said...

so glad to hear your going ok...........we all need a little more time...........

Cardygirl said...

Cute block...glad you had a fun retreat!

Julia said...

Lovely block...glad you got to the retreat.
Hugs Julia ♥

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Glad to see you are out and about...Beautiful Block - I love the colors!!! Hugs, Mary

Karen said...

Hope you are doing well, Lurline. Good that you got out for some fun.