Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oh, Oh, Oh Beautiful Day!

What a beautiful day we have here, more like spring than summer - not too hot and beautiful breezes!
My daughters and I spent the morning sitting outdoors with Heidi and Byron having fun chatting about our Christmas Day itinerary and planning our menu. We are doing an Aussie Christmas, the morning at the beach and then Reef and Beef for Mains and Marshmallow Pavlova for Sweets - sound good?

Hmmm, Blogger is hopping all about the place - never mind! I have dragged out two cross stitch decorations done many years ago - how wonderful they don't fade! Both are of very vintagey Santas.
This little dolly I can't keep, though I would love to - I didn't make her either! - fancy knitting such a wincey hat, cardy and stockings. I did leave some of her sisters behind and I think I just might have to adopt another two or three! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend - I have some quilting to do and then just one more, maybe two, more pressies to make!
Hugs - Lurline♥

8 Lovely People said ...:

Jan Maree said...

I used to do a lot of cross stitches and those of yours are BEAUTIFUL! What a lovely addition to Christmas! Enjoy! Love that little doll too!

Shari said...

Lovely cross stitches! I didn't realise you brought a friend home... she's a cutie. Hasn't the weather been just lovely after that storm? And I wish I could convince my family to have an Aussie Christmas instead of a hot roast - ugh! Salads and BBQ are my preference.

Julie Fukuda said...

Such lovely stitchery! And I could use a bit of that nice weather here now that it is getting wintery cold.

JudyCinNC said...

Love your wonderful stitcheries - Mine always make me smile when Christmas comes around and I can display them once again. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas surrounded by family and friends. Judy C

Terry said...

I think I still have the pattern for those first Santas. I never did get it cross stitched! Love the little doll too! She's adorable! :0)

Janet said...

I'm so impressed by your cross stitch, they're so beautiful. Who makes the dolls? They are so adorable.

Sue-Anne said...

Beautiful Cross stitch Lurline and the doll is very cute - a lot of work there.

Liz said...

Beautiful cross stitches Lurline, hope everyone is still well....
Lizzie
xxx