Friday, April 24, 2009

Anzac Day April 25, 2009 - Lest We Forget!

The most memorable day of the year for Australia and New Zealand, a day to honour and to remember our fallen heroes - if you don't know the significance and if you fancy please do a little research !

These pics are of Anzac Square in Brisbane, Queensland, a very beautiful and charming city!

As a little girl, I walked through this square many times with my parents (I was always amazed at the way the Eternal Flame kept burning!). As a teenager and young woman, I did that walk almost daily, as Central Station is located behind the Memorial and I worked in the National Bank in Queen Street. The history and memories were instilled in me from a very early age and for a country as young as Australia, that is a wonderful heritage!
I won't be awake for the Dawn Service at 5 am tomorrow, but I know at least two of our boys will be!
To all who have served Australia, God bless you - Lest We Forget!
Happy weekend - hugs - Lurline♥

7 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Such amazing photos Lurline. God bless all who have served.

Myra said...

Great photos!
God bless all in the world that have served and given their lives for others...

zetor said...

Very impressive building. Hope the fallen will be remembered always.

Janet said...

Terrific photos, what an amazing memorial, I'd like to see it one day.

Nat Palaskas said...

Very beautiful place you were growing up in. I lived there for 4 years and do miss it sometimes. Great photos Lurline.

Baba Nann said...

In my early twenties I saw the film Gallipoli. That led me to learning more about some history down under.

...and the band played Waltzing Matilda...

Take care!

*karendianne. said...

How wonderful. I ddn't know about this.