Monday, April 13, 2009

Ready for Quilting!

Thank goodness! This 'little treasure' has caused me a bit of anxiety - I guess it is trying to make a dolly quilt to please somebody else - it still looks 'very Lurline', to me! It is a warm, dull day here today - a chance of rain, I hope! Consequently, the background to this pic is pavers out the front in the daylight - a bit of a change from our usual bright, summer sunshine!
I'm a bit over this 'little treasure', so I think I will leave the quilting until later in the week. I have plenty to do to keep me busy, maybe too much and that is part of the problem! I will say, I love the Kaffe Fassett for Rowan fabric that I have used for the border - such beautiful quality!

I'm looking forward to having my sewing machine serviced - poor little girl seems a bit sluggish! Maybe I will be able to organize to have it done in a week or two!
If you would like to enter a Giveaway of 30 fat-quarters - pop over and visit Thearica of Pig Tales and Quilts - very, very generous and oh, to be so lucky - please tell her I sent you!
Hope your Easter has been safe and happy!

29 Lovely People said ...:

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt, love it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lurline, Hope you have had a wonderful Easter weekend too. The quilt is so colorful and beautiful. I hope you get the rain you are wishing for. We had a terrible storm on Friday night with rain/thunder/strong wind but no real damage. Easter Sunday has been warm, sunny with bright blue skies.

Liz said...

It looks lovely Lurline, such bright, happy colours. Don't you just love that phrase 'ready to quilt', very under used in my house!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love it so much, bright,happy, perfect, hope you had a nice Easter.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lurline as always you have done a fantastic job, so bright and happy...

Mel said...

Beautiful! Very pleasing colors!

Janet said...

didn't that turn out lovely. You worked the colours very nicely.

Lindi said...

It's lovely! Wish it was coming this way....

Julia said...

Lurline it's lovely!
Your partner should love that...
I did love the other one too!
Julia ♥

Jantine said...

Even if it looks "Lurline" what does it matter? She does get a dolly quilt form you doesn't she. This will remind her of you. And I love it a lot!

Micki said...

It is always harder to make something for someone else and get it just right for them.
Micki

Cardygirl said...

Looks beautiful, well done

Betsy said...

Lurline, lovely little quilt. You did a beautiful job.

Kaaren said...

Love the colors. So bright and cheery. I'm sure they'll love it!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love it. Great colors. I can't imagine the recepient wouldn't love it too.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your little quilt is just perfect!!

Purple and Paisley said...

oh lurline...it's gorgeous! i adore the bright, happy colors! ☺

Nanette Merrill said...

Well it is very "lurline" and what is wrong with that??? NOthing! It is so cute. I love it. This is a design I've been wanting to play with for a while now. It turned out so cute.

Myra said...

The dolly quilt is adorable Lurline! Great fabrics and lovely colors... Very nice! 8-)

A couple of my machines could use a servicing too...soon! 8-)

Happy stitchings!

Janet said...

Your dolly quilt turned out very pretty! The border fabric is just perfect!

Mistea said...

The little quilt looks gorgeous. I'm sure it will be appreciated by the recipient. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I Think your Little Quilt is Lovely...the fabrics and colours really work well...
cheers

Jossie said...

It is a perfect dolly quilt. It looks lovely.

Cathi said...

It's a wonderful doll's quilt! I love the fabrics you've used!

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous , I love it .

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Lurline, the little quilt is lovely. I like the bright colour. I have just returned home so a bit late catching up with blogs. Natima

Cathy said...

Nice work Lurline...the border fabric is very striking!! CAthy

Kris said...

Well, I like it and can't see that anyone else wouldn't. It's lovely!

*karendianne. said...

I love, love, loveeee your little quilt. Oh it's so sweet!