Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What a Day!

At least the Dolly Quilt for the Swap is finished - binding stitched down while I wore a pair of a friend's prescription specs - you see, silly me, I left my bag at home! It was all pretty difficult, not a cent in money, no cards, but I got by with a little help from my friends!

It was our monthly meeting at our WAQA guild - just lovely to catch up with friends, especially those we don't see regularly!

Candy, a school-teacher friend, who can get along only during school holidays, was there with her great quilt-as-you-go project. Candy has a wonderful flair with colour - looks kind of Japanese to me!

I did manage (with borrowed money!) to be able to get some more of this cute fabric that I used on the potholder I made recently! I hoped I would be lucky as I want to send it to some special friends!
I have chatted at length about making my little ferny grove and planting baby's tears. See the lush green ground cover bottom right hand/middle of the pic - that's it! This is a little spot in Carole's garden and it is all so lovely!
Carole gave me several pots of it yesterday and on the trip home, most fell over, so I have mess in the boot and then I had to plant most of it straight away. Guess what! We've a little rain here this morning so I can almost hear it laughing from here. Let's hope it takes off - maybe one day I will be cursing it, because it is highly invasive!
Oh, I hope the rest of the week is productive for me, there's so much I want to do and so much I have to do! Anyone else feeling the same?

30 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lurline, What a day you have had! On Sunday, the local police had a roadblock and were asking everyone for their license. Thankfully, I could FIND mine!!! I'm almost 52 and have never had that to happen before!
I love your dolly quilt - so precious.
Your get-together with dear friends sounds so wonderful.
Best wishes with your baby tears.

Mistea said...

That dolly quilt turned out fantastic. Lucky you finding more of that print! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Kathy said...

Your dolly quilt is precious! Sounds like you had fun with your quilt group. It is always fun getting together with fellow quilters.

Betsy said...

Lovely little quilt. You did a wonderful job. Thank godness that your friends came to the rescue. I see the ground cover. It looks quite lovely.

Bonnie said...

I still love that dolly quilt! Now where did I put my directions for court house square blocks? It so nice to see the green of the garden. Our weather is still dreary with few trees showing leaves. Ho hum. . . maybe this weekend.

Kris said...

I love the dolly quilt! And I too feel the HAVE to's very strongly. Then there's the wants. They're pretty strong too. That's why I'm on the internet achieving very little. Lol!

Narelle said...

I'm often in the exact same spot, too much to do and not enought time ... and usually the want's are much nicer than the have to's.
It's a bit like when I used to tell my kids to eat what they didn't like on the plate first, and enjoy the yummy stuff last.

Your little ferny grove sounds like it will be a lovely place to spend quiet time.

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohh...love the dollquilt..:o) Its wonderful..and lol..Im so glad you got all the help you needed from your friends..what would we do without them....;o)

Unknown said...

You did very well ... for a bagless lady !

Cardygirl said...

Love that dolly quilt! Sounds like your friends are very generous...glad you had a fun day. I love the garden too.

Unknown said...

You Managed quite well with Borrowed Specs...Your Quilt looks Great...Yes I'm feeling a bit the same..hope to have a productive one tomorrow myself...
cheers

antique quilter said...

love the doll quilt, oh someone will be very lucky to receive this quilt.
cute fabric!!!!!! ah yes I can't believe its Wed already...I need another day or two this week to get done what I need too!
Hope the rest of the week is productive for you...
lock yourself in the sewing room today and sew!

Janet said...

Doesn't the dolly quilt look great in theose colours? I recognise the border fabric! If I'd seen that fabric you picked up, I'd have bought a piece of it too.

Unknown said...

I just finished mine and popped it in the post today - its my first swap and I am so excited!

Nat Palaskas said...

You did well with borrowed glasses Lurline. I love that doll quilt. It looks very happy - Natima

Abby and Stephanie said...

Thank goodness for friends! Whoever receives that darling doll quilt is going to love it. Your friend's unusual blocks definitely have a hint of Japan. I had to click on the fabric photo to get a bigger look. So darn cute.

Beertje Zonn said...

I love that dolly quilt!
Kind regards,

Beertje Zonn

Joy said...

Oooh, there's nothing more frustrating than forgetting your glasses!!! I'm totally lost without mine. Love the dolly quilt and I just adore that fabulous potholder fabric ... it's gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Wendy said...

The doll quilt is very cheery and wonderful to look at...I love the colours.
You have a wonderful looking garden, I hope your new plants will be happy.

Rumi said...

A lucky girl will receive the cute dolly quilt! Your fern garden will be lovely! I do envy those with a gardening passion!
Candy's blocks look like pimento stuffed olives to me. LOL!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Your dolly quilt is great. And Candy's quilt looks interesting. Love the colours she has chosen . Im a bit of a fan for a fernery but I dont have one yet.(Maybe if we get some rain).
Im trying to get productive and seem to be walking around in circles. Have a great week.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I always feel that way, some much to do, so little time, I love, love, love the dolly quilt, I happened to go to the store and happened to pick up an extra yard of some fabric I think you will like, I will send it with your rainbow blocks :0)

Kaaren said...

I'm right there with you, Lurline...too much fabric, so little time.

Love your dolly quilt. It just radiates with happiness.

Your garden look smashing...so lush and green. Ours still has a way to go yet but the weather is supposed to reach in the high 70's by the weekend. Maybe we'll be cutting the grass next week...much to my husband's dismay.

Karen said...

My husband is always leaving his glasses somewhere. He had to drive 140 miles round trip one time to retrieve them from a restaurant!
I like the circle blocks! Very different!

Jossie said...

The doll quilt looks so sweet. You were lucky to manage the binding with your friends glasses. There is always so much on a woman's mind that she looses herself sometimes not just her bag.

Nanette Merrill said...

Just down my alley. Love it all.

Liz said...

I'm going to take up your challenge of making Mrs Perkins, I bought the pattern and fabric (of course)so will join both you and Janet in May, we will have a wonderful herd of Perkins!!
Love the quilt Lurline.
Hugs, Lizzie

Julia said...

Yes, too much to do and not enought time ...
The dolly quilt is lovely, love Candy's blocks, the colours are very her, and they do look very Japanese..
Hugs Julia ♥

Jeanne said...

Well, someone is going to be very happy when that little quilt arrives at their door. It's so cuteQ

Arnden said...

Lurline, I received my super cute and intricate doll quilt today. I love the colors and the brightness of the fabric as well as the plethora of polka dots! You did a wonderful job with those tiny logs! Thank you so much for making such a wonderful work of art for me. I will cuddle it and show it off for a few days then hang it on my little quilt wall with some of it's cousins! Thanks again! Adrienne