Monday, April 27, 2009

A Cute New House!

As you all know, I love dollies and little houses - how about this cutie? Designed by Girlfriend Robin and just 6" square! I could have made six Happy Houses, yesterday, but no, I decided to play with this little one. It is foundation pieced and quite tiny and fiddly - at this stage, fate unknown!

Does anyone know this fabric, please? It was sent to me for my birthday, I think! I really love it - looks sort-of Kaffe to me, but I don't think it is. I have been using little bits here and there of the fat-quarter - would love to buy some more, so hopefully someone will recognize it!

Not a lot of stitching was done yesterday - again, so many interruptions! My little man, Byron, spent the day with me and slept over - he is such a joy to have about, and I did get quite a lot of quilting done on my Angel Quilt last night, and big cheers, that is nearly finished! Byron is now eating Nutri-Grain (naughty Nanny! - sugar loaded) and watching Ben 10 while I sit beside him doing this Post.
Another little gem - I have a few pieces in my fairly newly established succulent garden, but couldn't resist buying this one to sit in my sewing room. We have been calling it Baby's Toes, but it's botanical name is Crassula Ovata Gollum, named after JRR Tolkein's character of the same name, so this particular one will be Gollum to me! Grows indoors in low light, so the blurb says - I will still give it a little gentle sunshine, though!
I am going to spend some time now writing some Replies - apologies to all for my slackness - I really appreciate and enjoy your Comments - unfortunately I love Browsing and Commenting, too - no excuse, I know, but it is true!
I'll close on this wise quote I read this morning. 'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning how to dance in the rain!' Oh, if only we could!

24 Lovely People said ...:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fabric Lurline and I love your angel quilt. Glad you got to spend time with Byron. That's a cute plant - should add a bright spot to your home. Hope you enjoy your week.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Hi Lurline! Love the little house block...so pretty and just darling! Don't know the pink fabric, but love it! Your angel quilt is coming along too. Good for you! Byron is not a very common name, but I have a cousin Byron! Your Byron is a cutie and looks to be about the same age as my little guy. I'm sure they would be good friends if we didn't live half a world away!

Thanks for all your nice comments on my site too!

MGM

Wendy said...

The house block is really sweet, I always wanted to make a quilt with houses...someday. I'm not much help with the fabric, it is lovely.

Janet said...

The pink fabric is a kaffe Fassett called Kashmir. It's an old one.

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

P.S Lurline, how much do you need, I have a 35cm strip you could have otherwise I do know where you can get it in NZ but it's $30 per metre

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very cute little house!

Deb said...

Lurline, your wee saying at the bottom of your blog reminded me of a card I bought for a friend which said "If you've never danced in the rain, how can you sing in the sunshine?"

Karen said...

Oh, I see an angel quilt on the sofa. So pretty!

Nat Palaskas said...

I like the pink fabric too and thanks Janet for pointed out the brand name. I might get some next time I go to a quilt shop. Byron such cute boy, sitting there quietly - Natima

Shari said...

Clever Robin!

Unknown said...

Cute house and even cuter little boy .

Mel said...

Beautiful quote, fun stuff to look at today!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I recognized the Kaffe because I have had some in a different color. DARLING little house.

Rumi said...

Can't wait to see what you do with your little house. Love the angels too--the quilt and the boy! :0)

Purple and Paisley said...

the house block is just the cutest...and so is byron! ☺

Micki said...

I love that house block and the angel quilt is gorgeous!
Micki

Gari in AL said...

So if I leave you a comment I am just adding to your guilt? cool! Love your plant and Gollum is my favorite character in The Rings.

em's scrapbag said...

Sweet little house! Glad you had a fun time with Byron.

Sherri said...

I love the little house...and only 6 inches...what a fun quilt you could make with a lot of them!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

cute house.........

Lisa said...

Your little house is adorable! and the Byron is a cutie too!

*karendianne. said...

What a cute little house and Lurline, I love succulents, too!!! Favorites for my porch. Make me happy.

Jossie said...

Darling little boy and a cute little house.
The fabric is definitely a Kaffe Fassett. I used it in a quilt. I will try to find out for you if it is still available. Bought it on line for only US$ 7.50 a yard.