Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Wicked, Wicked Ways!

I just can't help myself! When there is temptation about, I just have to let loose!

Yesterday, I met Girlfriends! for lunch at Woolly Latte, a yarn supply shop combined with a lovely coffee shop - lots of chatter and good company and it was lovely to be surprised and joined by Raelene!

Two doors up there just happens to be a lovely little patchwork shop, Hot Possum, and while waiting for the girls I decided I should pop in! The gorgeous Kaffe Fassett fabric, above left, said 'Pick me, pick me!' How could I not? Two metres and another 9 fat-quarters to compliment - I'll make a beautiful blue quilt one day!

Before I go onto other trivia, I have had requests for help with the knitted lace edge I am doing and also, the dollies in my Header - I have a memory like a sieve at times and always dashing from one thing to another, so if you have made these requests, please contact me again as I am quite happy to share if it is permissible within copyright rules and a lot of what I show and talk about are my own designs! I need reminders from time to time, so please don't hesitate to contact me should the need arise and it probably will!
I have been sort of good at times this week - the weather was cooler so out into the garden! I have promised myself to give more TLC to my roses - even planted a new one! That is Satchmo above, an oldie and a floribunda!

My only bloom on climber, Don Juan! That is because I pruned it back after winter last year and found out since, one shouldn't prune climbers? However, it has wonderful large shoots now, so should come on beautifully.

I'm a quilter, not a horticulturist! So hopefully lots of finishes this weekend. I hope yours is a happy weekend, too!

23 Lovely People said ...:

Janet said...

Lurline, I heartily approve of your lovely purchases,lol. Your roses are gorgeous. I used to lightly prune my climbers when I had roses, it keeps them tidy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lurline, What beautiful blue fabric! Can't wait to see that project. Also, your roses are so pretty. I can almost smell them. Enjoy a wonderful weekend.

Joy said...

Love the roses Lurline ... my DH takes care of my pretty rose garden, sadly my thumb is most definitely brown - I don't interfere ;o).
Pretty fabrics too ..... I agree, they'd be irresistable LOL.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Rachel said...

What gorgeous fabric...I too fall impulsive when faced with fabric that screams "take me home!!!" And did you just use the word possum as an expletive? I think I'll have to pick that one up.

Cornfield Quilter said...

OOOOhhh, I love the blue fabric! Can't wait to see what you will do with it. :D

Julie said...

Lovely blues, I like the one on the left, great design on it.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I would have had to take it home too! Such pretty blues!

Deb said...

OMG Lurline there is no way you could leave those fabrics sitting in the patchwork shop. They were obviously calling your name as they would have been mine should I have been with you. Wonderful purchase. I love your roses, the are so rich in colour. Are they fragrant?

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great fabrics. They're sure to make a beautiful quilt.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Oh, you wicked, wicked girl. LOL! I'm so envious. Those fabrics are beautiful. No one can blame you for being so wicked.

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely roses Lurline. We also got another batch of roses and iceburg in our garden. I really like the way you posting whatever you have on hand to share with us, thank you - Natima

Mel said...

It's so hard to leave fabric when it is promising to be a beautiful quilt one day! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, thanks for sharing some of it with us!

I'm so impressed that you can spell horticulturist!! (I had to cut and paste the word!) ;)

Kris said...

I find it hard to leave fabric behind too. There are just so many beautiful fabrics! I highly approve of your purchases. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Jossie said...

I think you deserve that range of beautiful fabric because you worked so hard in your garden! I always think of buying fabric as a kind of charity work. If they are crying out to take them you can't possibly leave them behind. Can you?

Myra said...

Who could blame you for popping into the Hot Possum while waiting for your friends... and why wouldn't you buy that lovely fabric! 8-)
Your roses are lovely...

limpingalong said...

Love the roses -- they are something I don't do well! Yours are beautiful. And the fabric -- oh, my, I love it!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yummy fabric Lurline....and your roses are lovely.

Mistea said...

Well a blue quilt is just what a girl needs right? The fabrics are beautiful, so are your roses.

Harley Dee said...

Beautiful fabric :) Thanks so much for your comment on my blog Lurline! :)

Cathi said...

What gorgeous wonderful blues! Can't wait to see what you make with them!
The roses are beautiful!

Micki said...

What beautiful fabric! We always should allow ourselves to succumb to buying fabric. I have roses too, and love them, and yours are lovely!
Micki

Judith Tetley said...

Your fabric is gorgeous Lurline, such pretty blue's and; the fun you had choosing it will stay with you forever....that's got to be worth more than money in the bank!
Kind Regards
Judith
www.creativestudio10.blogspot.com

zetor said...

Beautiful colours in both flowers and material.