Monday, December 28, 2009

My Mission - Again!

I'm on a mission! It may seem like creating UFO's to you, but I really will try to finish. I have used Quilt Lite as a batting for the little sneak-peek below and am big-stitch hand-quilting with Perle thread - I'm using my Hera Marker to rule quilting lines and go into Seventh Heaven with each stitch! The floral fabric in the middle - I love - a Philip Jacobs and I've ordered more - only 3 yards and I feel maybe I should have bought 10!

Another sneak-peek and yes, Kaffe again! This is for a baby boy, modern style!

Good friend Myra from Tactile Pleasures in Fabric sent this gorgeous PIF to me - so much talent and love! Thanks, Myra - we used the runner on Christmas Night, placed on the kitchen bench to serve up the goodies that we ate outside, it was such a beautiful night! DD Angela seemed to think she would score this runner as the colours would be perfect for her home - sorry Darling, not this one!

I have yet to finish and parcel up my PIF's - I'm going to be wicked and make them my first finishes for 2010 - oh, I have a couple done, so I guess I can't really count them!
I have cleaned out my Inbox and I so enjoyed all the Christmas Greetings - again for 2010 another resolution, to respond immediately to all my Comments! I have only 4 more days to make resolutions, so much garbage to put behind me and so much effort to make the lifestyle changes that are necessary! Happy Day!

24 Lovely People said ...:

Barb said...

Love the runner!!!

wishes, true and kind said...

Very pretty projects! Can't wait to see more!

joan

Julie said...

Lovely runner, Myra had been a very busy girl.

Anonymous said...

Love your Kaffe projects and the table runner.
Happy New Year to you all

cheers
Christine

My name is Riet said...

Love the quilt and header Lurline. Lovely fabrics

Mel said...

Wonderful fabrics you are working with!!

Hope you had a blessed Christmas!!

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

you are well on your way, adorable fabrics, quite yummy. Here a toast to 2010

Janet said...

The runner is lovely and so are the Kaffe sneak peeks! Happy New Year Lurlune.

Maria said...

Beautiful quilts, love the bright boy's top.

Your table runner is lovely, blue and yellow always look great together.

Betsy said...

Great projects Lurline. A finish is always a delight.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wishing all your new year's resolutions come true. Lovely quilts!

luv2quilt2 said...

Love the table runner. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

love that runner and your projects in process....

Nedra said...

I like New Years Resolutions because they get me back on track. I have the goal to finish up on some UFO's AGAIN this year. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Nat Palaskas said...

Love the runner. They are my next year projects to make - Hugs Nat

Myra said...

My, my... Busy, busy you are!!! I haven't even looked into my sewing room since before Christmas!!! 8-)
Glad you like the table topper Lurline! I had fun making it for you! 8-)
I guess it is time to loose my Santa had profile photo hey!?! LOL! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Ann Marie said...

Lovely floral.

I'm going to dust off last year's resolutions and see if I can get any further with them this year!

Gari in AL said...

But how can you get so much quilting/embroidery done, meet with all your friends AND respond to all your comments? I don't think it can be done, even by such a popular quilter as yourself. Happy New Year.

em's scrapbag said...

The table runner is beautiful. I love the modern baby quilt! And your quilting looks lovely.

Julia said...

Gorgeous runner!
Your keeping busy Lurline...very colourful projects!
Julia ♥

*karendianne. said...

Oh Lurline!!! The runner is amazing. I'm really looking forward to what you're bringing forth into the New Year and... Oh but that Kaffe that you're sneak peaking is REALLY enticing. I love the way you can work with a wide variety of fabrics.

Also, I'm interested in the way you use the Hera Marker. This isn't the first time I've noticed you using it and the HM isn't new to my ears but I keep forgetting to buy one. Why do I do that when I know I want to try it? No telling what's going on in my head sometimes, I tell ya!

Warmly and with much anticipating for the coming year, *karendianne.

jean said...

Love your Kaffe project, I am also a lover of the Hera marker and the quilt lite.
Looking forward to seeing what your produce in twenty ten. All the very best for the new year Lurline.

Maggey and Jim said...

Hey, that runner is gorgeous..Just lights the picture up.. Have a very prosperous New Year..
Maggey

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

That big stitch Perle quilting is JUST RIGHT!