Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Week Plus One!

That is how long since I have Posted and a lot has happened in those days - mostly all good! There has been little time for blogging and browsing and that's sad, lol! There's been absolutely no sewing - now what could be sadder?

Hi Caryn of Pieceful Chaos, New Jersey, USA! Your SSCS gifts arrived safely a few days ago and I have left it until a peaceful Sunday morning to open the package - I am so thrilled and really don't want to wait until the 25th, but will - I have a feeling I will love the gifts! Our gorgeous Chookyblue .... so much love and thanks to you, too!

Yesterday was Heidi's day - her ballet recital! We are all so proud of her - her tutu has been shed and I have no pics of her dancing as photography was not allowed! There will be more to come, I hope!

Last Friday I had the good fortune to be welcomed to the Contemporary Group, part of our state guild's organization, WAQA. It was a truly enjoyable day, very enlightening, a lovely venue , the best part was the wonderful hospitality shown by all the girls!

Next Tuesday is a very special day for me - our Christmas gathering with Girlfriends! Ooooh, it is so exciting - we will get to catch up with Jan of Gallivantour and also Shari of Mumsyblossom's World!
I am a very happy girl today, I know life in general has hills and valleys for us all - today I feel truly blessed!

17 Lovely People said ...:

Julia said...

All good Lurline!
Heidi looks beautiful, and how proud you much have felt..I see a bit of Nana in her here.
Looking forward to next week.
Hugs Julia ♥

Lissa Jane said...

Hi Lurline.. we have the tap dance concert on Friday. I can wait as I haven't finished costumes! oops! I only have three things to do, but have procrastinated long enough!
stay cool and no peeking in your pressies!

Lissa

Shari said...

Hi Lurline! Not much blogging or sewing for most of us as we whirl around in the end of year activities. Lovely Heidi. What's the world coming to when you can't photograph your own family in public! Of course I understand why, but it is a shame...

You will do quite well in the contemporary group... you're a bit of a rogue anyway! I look forward to hearing all about it on Tuesday. I'm bringing the champagne!

Hugs - Shari

Joy said...

Lurline ~ Hiedi looks sooo cute!!! Love your gorgeous decoration too. I can't wait til Christmas, all those lovely packages to open :o)!!
Lovely to hear that life is going so well for you at the moment ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Miriam said...

Lurline, I hope you get some sewing time soon!!

Have lots of fun at your Christmas gathering next Tuesday.

Heidi is gorgeous!!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I've not blogged much this week either, and the week ahead doesn't look any better. But Heidi is gorgeous.

PiecefulChaos said...

Hi Lurline! I'm glad the package arived safely - I hope you will like everything!

Nedra said...

It looks like you have had a lot of Christmas time festivities with family, and are building wonderful memories.

Jossie said...

Good to see you here again. It is a busy time for all of us. The little ballet girl looks gorgeous.
Have fun at the Girlfriends Christmas gathering next week!

Liz said...

Such a busy time of year, busier I think as a grandparent. Nice to hear from you and have a fun week.
Lizzie
XXX

Deb said...

Hi there - such a lovely post at this busy time of year. The work of the contemporary group looks very interesting. Have fun at your Christmas party.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Heidi is such a sweetie, I know your girls will have fun next week and I cannot wait to see the pictures!

Janet said...

Hard to wait to open a package like that! :0) I hope you get more time to sew this week.

Janet said...

Heidi looks so gorgeous. You have had fun and I can't wait to see which direction you'll be working in with the contemporary group. Love these swap christmas ornaments popping up around blogland.

Nanette Merrill said...

It is good to see what you are up to. Hi to all your friends on Tuesday. I know you'll have a great time.

em's scrapbag said...

Good to hear from you. I think the holidays are keeping a lot of us from blogging and sewing. I've made a bunch of your dilly bags. They are so fun.

Wendy said...

Its the same for me too, not much time for blogging or sewing...it will start up again soon enough. Merry Christmas.