Monday, December 21, 2009

Just Filling in Time!

A little sneak peek at what I am working on - only the binding to be done!

My dearly beloved scissors turned up in the cutlery drawer - Oh, I think I told you that! Here they are, another pair engraved and the lovely fob 'be yourself' from Caryn!

Who else but Byron - fresh from the hairdresser and of course had to show his coiffure off to Nanny!
Hmmm, nice profile view!

Two of my friends, namely the above and his sister, went to Ikea yesterday - not the ideal place for children, but they wanted to visit the playroom, of course eat and drink in the cafe and then proceed to maraude the customers with their shopping trolleys. We were about to turn the corner to their home and a little voice piped up 'I hope they aren't at home!' - why? - 'then we get to sleep at your house, Nanny'! The Pied Piper and her children plus one are off to Garden City to see Santa today, then for a consult with an orthopod up that way! Is this spreading the goodwill too far?

The postie has brought me gifts from the USA again - from Darlene and Myra - oh, what fun! thank you both so much and I'm using a lot of self-discipline to leave them nicely in their packages.
I'm off to prepare for the onslaught - hope your days are all happy and quite organized - perhaps even with a little time for stitching!

28 Lovely People said ...:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Oh Lurline, he looks such a happy chap - interesting colour job on top of that cheeky wee face.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Love his hair, what a cutie!! Have fun!!

Unknown said...

Cute hair!! Love the sneak peak!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now that does bring back memories for me...my boys always had some sort of colour in their hair...I think it looks fantastic...

NikonSniper said...

lurline,
love your colorful photos. it's a great time to be in australia. love all my australian friends and look forward to going back! have a great christmas downunder.
nikonsniper steve

Barb said...

What a cutttttiiiieeeeeee!!!

Janet said...

The sneaky peek looks yummy. I love Byron's hair, was it a last day at school thing? Isn't it great you found the scissors, now you have a spare set.

Nedra said...

You found your scissors! Hurrah!! I am so happy for you.

Myra said...

Your sneak peek is a tease indeed! Can't make out what you have there! lol! 8-)
Glad your scissors surfaced!!! It was bound to have happen!
A very colorful coiffure! 8-)
Now Lurline, there is not need to wait till Christmas to open the parcel from me!!! Go ahead! Rip it open!!! 8-)

Darlene said...

Love his hair and I'm glad your scissors surfaced. :-)

Please feel free to open the package you've received from me - it just from my heart to your hands!

Miriam said...

What a cute young man!!!

I'm glad you found your scissors!

I hope you find some stitching time too. :)

Jossie said...

Looks like Byron is ready for Christmas. What a cutie.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Your sneak peek is VERY intriguing! Hope we get full photos at some point . . .

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh he is adorable! I can see the glint in his eye. :) Have fun!

Lindi said...

Fun family times! Have a lovely Christmas, Lurline.

wishes, true and kind said...

So much fun with your grandchildren. Congrats on finding the missing scissors! Love Byron's hair. So fun!
Joan

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your sneaky peek looks gorgeous. What is it? I can't tell is it a full quilt? Looks like a lot of work went into it. That Byron is a cutie!

Julia said...

Oh Byron is so cute!
Isn't that the way...I knew your scissors would turn up...
Hugs Julia ♥

Corrie said...

now that is what I call a hairdo!!!! what a cutie!

Corrie:)

Raelene Sharp said...

I knew your scissors would turn up!!!!!!

Raelene said...

ps. Isabella and I were at IKEA yesterday also!!!!

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

I am so glad your scissors turned up, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Jantine said...

Love the hair! And your scissors are back, lucky you, that must be extra joy stitching around Christmas time this year. And... you have extra scissors now ;-)

antique quilter said...

love the hair cut and color!!!!
oh glad your scissors appeared again, they must be treasures now you have a few back ups!!!
hope you have a wonderful holiday, I am going to make a basket today using your fabric as the background :)
thanks again I will always think of you when I look at that block!
Kathie

quiltingnana said...

great hair do...have a wonderful holiday

em's scrapbag said...

What is it with boys and hair? I never know what color I might find on my boys heads. Hope you are having a lovely Christmas time.

Micki said...

He is a cutie pie and i love his hairdo!
Micki

lynn said...

i love the runner... colors look wonderful..just like i knew they would..and thank you for your lovely comment on the shop..love lynnie