Friday, December 4, 2009

Trialling Dresden Plate!

Just a little note to let anyone who is interested, I have been busy trialling this Dresden Plate technique using strip cut 2.5" or jelly roll size. Unfortunately the mathematics do not equate and I would like to ensure what I write is accurate and perfect before I Post a tutorial.

The discrepancy using jelly rolls is that a 8" Dresden Wedge is 1/2" too short. Please return as my intentions are all good - DH has very grumpily popped out to have an accurate wedge cut from perspex - all being well, I will make a Dresden Plate in the next couple of days and give you alternatives in a tutorial!
Happy Weekend!

16 Lovely People said ...:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

fabulous fabrics you're using there Lurline! that will be one colorful quilt once finished!

MGM

West Michigan Quilter said...

Anxious to see your tutorial. I really like what you've done so far.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh you are so wonderful to do this for us! and please thank your DH too!!

Kate said...

LOVE the concept!! Looking forward to the tutorial.

Maria said...

Oh that will be fantastic Lurline. Thank DH for his help. ( tongue in cheek LOL) Look forward to having a go at the Dresden plate block.

http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

My name is Riet said...

Your fabrics are fantastic Lurline and i| am looking forward to the tutorial

Shari said...

Love the look of this, but the rest of what you said just confused me - something with numbers in it... so glad you will work this out for us! Hugs and kisses - Shari

Rebecca said...

I can say I have only made one of these and did not enjoy the process, but I look forward to your tutoriala and promise I will try again your way ( with any luck it might look better than my first go.
Hugs Bec

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to the tutorial. I just love this method for the Dresden.

Janet said...

It looks gorgeous Lurline. I'll definitely have a go when you've figured it out. I'm looking forward to it. Big thanks to your helper.

alobsiger said...

I will wait patiently! :-) I love the look of pieced Dresdens. Lovely and thank you!

Myra said...

Oooooo... wonderful Lurline! I would love to try this out! Love the look of it! Would make wonderful table toppers out of Christmas fabrics!!! 8-)

Brandie said...

I just bought jelly rolls to do the same thing, dresden plates. I'm determined to start today! I will keep checking with you if I have problems. Brandie

em's scrapbag said...

I'm looking forward to this. Tell DH thanks for his efforts.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lurline,

I just love them, they are gorgeous. Too bad I hate to piece, well maybe I might have to make an exception....giggle.


Cheers,
Bobbie

Nat Palaskas said...

Gorgeous colours combo Lurline. Thanks for the tutorials too - Hugs Natima