Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Girlfriends Day! - Another!

I have to finds different titles for our Girlfriends! days - now how do I do that? Lots of chitter chatter about what we have been up to and what we are going to do - rifling through books, magazines - all sorts of sewing and knitting - missing Julia, Teena, Shari and Jenny and having a lovely surprise visit by Patti who hasn't joined us for a little while!

Again, lots of gorgeous food, coffee, tea and a little tipple of wine with lunch! I made this huge Marshmallow Pavlova for sweets after lunch - lots of discussion about the origin and unfamiliarity to those outside Australia and New Zealand - this one used eight egg whites and was restaurant size, so there was some to feed the boys last night!

Gorgeous Barb showing us a quilt she is about to teach - hmmm, students will find it hard to come up with that sort of quilting, don't you think?

Whohoo!- Carole started me knitting a dishcloth of Canadian cotton Robin brought back from holidays - I think it is the sweetest ever knitted by an Australian, lol - I kicked back and relaxed last night and am now probably about half way there! Now I need advice where I can buy similar lovely soft cotton in Australia or buy on line from USA or Canada?

Kaffes from Glorious Color in the US and more to come yet from Hancock's!

Poor CWBQ - I abandoned the last block - hope I have more success with this one!

David cleaned my car the other day, lucky me! - so thought I would give this quilt a little freshen up! I taught this quilt 12 years ago and boy, would it ever have some stories to tell - kinda makes me think our quilts will reach antiquity - I guess a lot of us have quilts of this type - makes me so happy I'm in Blogland now and keeping a record of all the little things I do these days!
Happy Day!

27 Lovely People said ...:

Nedra said...

Wow, do you make lovely desserts! Lucky girlfriends. It looks like you have a wonderful time being together no matter the project.

wishes, true and kind said...

Hooray for Girlfriend's Day! You can never have too many of those! I am home sick today and was noticing that the quilt I have been snuggling under on the couch needs a little love. And the binding is starting to wear out. My mother-in-law made a quilt for my husband when he went away to college, and every few years she borrows it back, takes it home, and freshens it up a bit. Not too long ago it got new binding. That thing will outlive us all!

Love your beautiful Kaffe fabrics. You chose well!

joan

Julia said...

Oh, I missed a great day!
Great food, quilts show and tell, knitting.
It's no fun having the flu!

Glad you girls had fun, as we always do!

Hugs Julia ♥

Rebecca said...

Well that sound like a great day wish I could come the cake looks sooooo yummmy and I do have a big sweet spot for sweets lol. I am pleased you had a great day I hope the next one is just as good.
Hugs Bec

Marilyn said...

What a fun day! Lots of beautiful projects and I must find out more about the marshmallow pavlova--it looks divine:)
Hugs, Marilyn

Deb said...

Lovely post Lurline. Your quilt group sounds like mine - lots of talking eating and show and tell. Isn't it just the best? And the pavlova is making me peckish. Fabrics are delish - what sort of stitch are you using for your dishcloth?

Janet said...

Don't change the name, girlfriends day sounds perfect. LOve the look of the pav! Lots of lovely things to look at on your blog today, heartily approve of the Kaffes.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Pavlova is my favourite...doesn't yours look pretty sitting amongst your blocks?!!! Love your Kaffes, I shop from both gc and h and they are great. the best thing about a blog is that you can look back over it and remember what you have made! xo

Mistea said...

The Pavlova is a picture all by itself. Gotta love those Kaffe colours and your peacock is looking good already - can't wait to see him done. Girlfriend's days are just perfect. Enjoy

Corrie said...

now the quilt is great but you've got me with that pav! yummmmmmo! I love a good pav and yours looks just gorgeous!!!! I think it sounds like a perfect day in my book!

Corrie;)

Jossie said...

You show so many wonderful pictures again. Sounds like you had a perfect girlfriends day and that pavlova brings back memories. Perhaps it is not original Australian but you girls down under surely cultivated it.

Anonymous said...

What lovely projects Lurline - I love the dishcloth. The food and laughter sound like a marvelous day.

PatchworkRose said...

Sure sounds like you had a wonderful Day. That Pav looks simply divine. Glad you made enough for the boys. Love the Kaffee Fabrics. Life is good :-)
Keep on having Fun
Cheers
Lynne

LeKaQuilt said...

I agree with Janet, I also meens that The Girlfriends day sounds perfect too :o) And the kake looks realy delicious...jummy jummy... And I like the fabrics from Kaffee too. What a wounderful day you girls have had !

Rumi said...

Girlfriends are the best! Looks like another fun gettogether!
Love the colors in your dishcloth, very pretty. Adore your quilt!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Wish I lived near you guys! Looks like fun and I motivates me to do something like this with my crafty friends. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie

Purple and Paisley said...

lurline, my local joann's has the bernat handicrafter cotton yarn...it is available on the joann's website or - anytime you need some, pop me an email and i will be more than happy to get you some and put it in the mail! ☺

another wonderful girlfriends day...thank you for including us! ♥

My name is Riet said...

That must have been a great day Lurline. I love all you are showing us but I think the last one, your own quilt is so beautiful. Could you one day give us a closer look?
Have a nice day

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I am not sure if anyone said
Mary Maxium .com for yarn, they have a ton. I think you title is perfect after all that is what it is a day of fun with the girls. Thanks for taking us with you on your day!

Karen said...

The dessert makes me drool! I love strawberries.

Rose Marie said...

What a great dessert and quilt and I buy that cotton yarn at Walmart here in Canada.

quiltingnana said...

your dessert looks yummy

Anonymous said...

Lurline... your wash cloth looks great!! Love the moss stitch type finish! I'm jealous of your Girlfriends Days! They look like heaps of fun!

Shari said...

So glad you had a lovely day with the Girlfriends. That pav looks yummy! It's good to keep a little journal by blogging - and people love hearing it! Just shows how connected we are, no matter where we live...

Hugs - Shari

Mel said...

Blogging IS a great way to document our goings ons and quilt in particular!

I love everything about your girlfriend days - so jealous!!! Glad you share the photos!

Kaaren said...

Girlfriend days are the best...food, funny stories, fantastic projects to share and fantasizing about the 'good old days'.

Thanks for including us in yours, Lurline!

Myra said...

That cake looks delicious! yum!!!

I've gone through a lot of your recent posts and my but you have been a busy gal! Good for you! Your applique blocks look wonderful!

Love that stitch you are using on the cotton cloth... Will have to try that one next time I make a wash cloth...

Happy stitching busy lady! 8-)