Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Dilly Bag!

I've been playing today - all good fun! Another prezzie made!

This dilly-bag has a boxed bottom - a combination of my Happy Bag and original Dilly-Bag!

I badly wanted to try Texture Magic on the middle fabric - sad story, a shop assistant sold the last piece left from under my hands - she had measured it and all, 45cm, and I told her 'yes thanks, I'll have that piece' and was waiting for other fabric to be cut by the young gentleman there and when I came to pay up and asked about my Texture Magic, I found out it had been sold to another customer - you'll be very proud of me, my bottom lip dropped, but I didn't chuck myself on the floor and throw a tanty!

Soooo - I really, really wanted to have a little play today and went ahead anyhow and am reasonably happy with this little creation. The young man promised he would get some in and it should be there Wednesday - this business calls it Shrink Magic - I think perhaps they are confused - anyone in Australia heard of the latter? I will do a little tutorial as soon as I can!

Stay tuned for the next episode - LOL!

15 Lovely People said ...:

SarahQFD said...

Just to confuse the issue more Lurline - Charles Parsons sell as Shrinking Sheet. There are 2 types - 15% and 30% shrinkage. I'm still to have a play so look forward to seeing what you make.

Rebecca said...

Oh I am so proude of you I would have thrown a patty like a 2 year old. Like the bag so cute .
Hugs Bec

Janet said...

It's beautiful anyway Lurline, don't you just love that leaf fabric! Good for you holding your dignity, reminds me of a beautiful birthday cake ordered in and sold off to someone els one year, nothing you can do about it. At least you don't have long to wait.

Carin said...

Its a darling bag, I can't believe they sold it after they cut it for you and everything HOW RUDE!

My name is Riet said...

Now hopefully you will get it later this week Lurline. I love that bag. LOvely fabric
Have a nice day

Nedra said...

Do you know you can order as much Texture Magic as you would like directly from Superior Threads? Yes, they mail to any place in the world! You can get it in 1/2 yard packages, 1 yard packages, or custom cut by the yard. If you need my help in any way, I'm here for you Lurline! I love playing with it, so make sure to get some!

Barb said...

Your bag is really cute!!

Joy said...

Oh you're good Lurline .... it would have been hard not to throw a wobbly LOL. Love your cute dilly bag!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

julie said...

Hi Lurline,
I just want you to know that I sell Texture Magic and most of Superior's Threads here in Australia. I have an online business you might like to look up.
www.juliessuperiorthreads.com.au
I am at Goulburn NSW and always try to have the goods in the post the same day as ordered. I am playing with the Texture Magic again now, and am having a ball. I am actually an Authorized Sales Rep for Texture Magic in Australia as well. So if you know of any shops that might be interested in having this wonderful product, please let me know.
All the best,
Julie

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

You are a better woman than me, I would have whined and cried, but I do love the bag!!

Deb said...

Lovely bag Lurline - but what is texture magic? or shrink magic? DO tell!

wishes, true and kind said...

What a cute bag! Is that Philip Jacobs fabric?

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Lurline, yes please on the tutorial using Textur Magic? I have seen something made over at Nedra's blog, but I don't think there was tutorial with it? Your bag is really cute - Hugs Natima

Stephanie Hughes said...

Lurline, Yes I too am intersted in what you guys are talking about. Is it something used to stabilize bags? Hmmmm, not really sure what you guys are talking about so please do share!

I love you bag by the way, bright and beautiful.

Unknown said...

love that bag, ohhhh and that plant, love it just as much.