Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sew Many Things to Do!

I've had two very relaxing evenings curled up hand-quilting - so therapeutic! You have seen this quilt before an oldie and a WIP. I should really get in and get it fiished , but oh, the months of those tiny stitches - will I?


I really am torn between two forces again - I have my CWBQ to applique and my two BOM's and lots of other new things I want to try/start!

I popped over to see DD and the Littlies yesterday, so took a pic of another colourwash I made and taught many, many years ago. This is what I call a utility quilt and it has been dearly worn and loved - a cuddle up quilt for cold evenings and we've had plenty of those this winter!

A view from the Cubby House!

Here's our big girl, Saskia! Well you know she's not really mine! My goodness, she has grown and she whines and rolls over for tummy rubs all the times - one very adored cat!
Still cloudy, no rain, I hope - I'm off to talk to my roses! Happy day!

24 Lovely People said ...:

Purple and Paisley said...

oh, the colorwash quilt is beautiful...i've only seen small ones where the color is placed so the block looks like a single wreath? but i've never seen a full quilt like that before...now i want to make one! i'll have to google colorwash!...☺

Lisa said...

Lurline your utility quilt is beautiful! Love the colors and it looks so snuggly! Tell the roses I said hello and give Saskia a rub for me ... she's adorable!

Margaret said...

I'm new to your blog -- please tell me what that absolutely stunning applique quilt is that you're quilting! OMG! It just took my breath away when I first set eyes on it! The colors! And that other quilt is pretty spectacular too! Oh lord, I need to get quilting again! lol!

Anonymous said...

Great quilts!! Hope the quilting goes well!!

My name is Riet said...

Your applique quilt is stunning Lurline and the other one is beautifuyl too. Wow, you are an artist and I am glad to know you.
Have a nice day

susis quilts said...

dear lurline,your applique quilt is stunning,and the colourwash too,happy quilting,susi

Betsy said...

Lurline both are beautiful. I wish I were the one quilting the applique one for you. I love handquilting.

antique quilter said...

oh Lurline the quilt is just beautiful
I hope you finish that applique quilt it is just soooooo stunning!
keep quilting !!!
kathie

PatchworkRose said...

Hi Lurline I just love the border on your applique quilt. It is stunning. Have to tell you the garlic with the soapy wash sure sorted out the aphids on the roses. We have had lots and lots of lovely rain, unusual for Adelaide but I am loving every minute of it and would certainly not wish it away. Glad your colourwash is so well loved. Nothing like a nice soft quilt :-)
Cheers
Lynne

Rumi said...

You do lovely work Lurline. Your applique quilt is a stunner!

Nedra said...

I know what you mean. It's often hard to know which quilt to pick up first. Your applique work is so beautiful.

LeKaQuilt said...

What a beutiful quilt! I hope that you find time to finish this stunning quilt:o)

quiltingnana said...

your applique is beautiful...now I know I am a novice!

Sherri said...

Wonderful post...there are always sew many things to do and sew many things to choose from...that's always my dilemma...start a new project...or finish one in progress!

Janet said...

Your applique WIP is beautiful!!! Really - you have to finish it!

Mrs Quilty said...

Such a pretty kittie!!! Your applique WIP is amazing! It is so beautiful! I love having several projects. Been working on civil war blocks today, all hand quilting!!! I'm surprised I can even do it but I can!! Yippee!!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Barbie

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I bet it just fills your heart when one of your quilts is loved and used so much. It is such a beautiful quilt. Also my favorite thing is to sit and hand quilt in front of the TV. I will be doing that right after my shower!!

Lady of the Cloth said...

I lost you for a while and I'm so glad I found you ( I know you didn't know you were lost, but you were) I just love your colorwash log cabin. I'd love to make one someday. My list is so long, I'll have to live to 150 to get them all done.

Beth Karese said...

Your applique quilt is gorgeous! You have such an eye for color. It just sparkles. I too need to have multiple projects going at once... something my non-crafting friends and family don't understand!

wishes, true and kind said...

Wow -- so much time in the hand quilting of that lovely, lovely appliqué quilt, but it will be worth it. Just gorgeous!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh I love color wash effects in quilts. This is lovely.

Mel said...

It's definitely a side effect of working with needle and thread - too much to do!!

I'm excited when I finish a project, but I tend to begin two or three in between!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

What stunning quilts you have made Lurline! Your applique is fabulous, and the colourwash would be wonderful to snuggle up under. Our weather over here is mad at the moment!!! I love Saskia, what a pretty cat she is xo

Myra said...

Your quilts are looking great Lurline! 8-)